Night fishing venue in Essex

Hi, hope some of you can give me some ideas to the following question?

I have been asked by a friend to take her 15 yr old son fishing during the summer holidays. He is just getting in to carp fishing and has caught the bug, so to speak. I believe he has been night fishing a couple of times, but hasnt had a great deal of success. So she has asked if i could help him.

I am a member of CAPS so dont really venture too far from my club waters. I wont be able to take him night fishing on my club ticket, so was thinking of a day ticket venue somewhere in mid or north essex. I would like to take him somewhere where he has a good chance of getting a bend in his rod. 

i have fished Crowsheath a couple of times,so that is an option.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hiya mate. Crows heath is a nice looking venue, I've never fished it but I don't think it's super easy is it? If you want a really good shout at a catch then I'd try Newlands Hall. Brook lake is the biggest and is pretty straightforward. If that's too tough there is the moat lake to fall back on which is very well stocked mostly with 2-6lb with a few surprises too. Osiers is the 'specimen' lake that used to be members only but is now day ticket. Never fished osiers myself not sure what's in there. Warning though, it's not a difficult water so naturally it gets mental busy in the summer. If you can go during the week you've a much better chance of getting on without having to battle it out with your neighbours. There must be loads of other venues like that in Essex but my minds gone blank. Tim will have some good suggestions no doubt.

I was thinking of Newlands, have been searching the inter web etc to see and saw the lakes there. Crowsheath is quite good, the couple of times ive fished it i have not blanked. Newlands would probably be better as i live in Colchester and so too does my friend and she said she would meet me at the given venue. All i want is somewhere where he has the oppurtunity to catch during our session and maybe a surprise lump may show up!

I mainly fish on the CAPS ticket so dont really know of that many day tickets around here, so any help or advise would help me in making my decision.

Thanks

Mike

I think you stand a good chance of some action at Newlands. If it's a nice sunny one make sure he has some gear and bait to surface fish. Also definitely phone the number on the website before you plan on going to make sure there aren't any matches booked (normally affects the moat lake).

http://www.weybreadcarpfishery.co.uk/mostly posting as I love the place! but they have a couple of nice double swims, 4 & 5 or 8 are a good bet, not too far from Colchester, not stoopid difficult and not expensive. All swims are to be booked in advance so you are guaranteed your spot. Good luck. I'd be interested to hear where you end up

Evening Mikey , i've fished in Essex all my life and i have fished many of the day ticket waters over the years .

I'm based more in the south west side of Essex bordering on east london and therefore not over familiar with your part of the county .

The problem you have , and it is a problem is that you want the young lad to catch so need a venue that will pretty much guarantee it and that is easier said than done .

Theres not a lot of point in me recommending the 2 venues that i fish most of all because although they are not rock hard they are not runs waters either and since they are not my cup of tea i'm not familiar with many of them .

What i can recommend is a little lake in Braintree

Its the most beautiful place you've ever seen , totally secluded , you'll probably be the only ones there , especially if you book it midweek , the Carp go to 30lb+ (which are far from easy to catch) but there are many many doubles etc which are fairly easy to catch .

I've recommended it to a few people on here over the years but , to my knowledge , nobody has took the bull by the horns and actually been , and they really have missed a treat .

The owner is an absolute diamond too .

http://m.dawnsvale.co.uk/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Findex.htm&fw_sig_session_key=e323c0e777c62836acd4efe1993fd1339df41a0208f60ce9726524bae5631bb3-32282648&fw_sig_premium=1&fw_sig_url=http://www.dawnsvale.co.uk/&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_access_token=39b5e8f401e16e80960444e5c188dd615eef8c49&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_tier=0&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig=ea10879d5daa8b3a35925131d0699b00&fw_sig_partner=webs&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_site=32282648&fw_sig_time=1434310722569&fb_sig_network=fw#1221

Mikey , the other thing i can suggest is to join Billericay Angling club .

Peanuts to join , lots of runs water and night fishing allowed on most of them , the lake at Southminster is very good , that i CAN tell you .

http://www.bdac.co.uk/venues/venues.html

Good luck with your search . I really hope you take me up on the Braintree lake , you wont be disappointed :wink:

Hi guys,

thanks for all the advise and help with choosing a place. If i could do a night guest ticket then i would, as we have a lovely little lake ( Olivers in Witham ) that would be ideal, but i dont think we can take guests fishing at night.

Has anyone got any thoughts on chigborough?

Mike

Not wanting to hyjack the thread but Newmarket for a day only session which would you do, blassford hill, Chelmsford or your Braintree place? Cheers boss!

Neal , im not familiar with blassford hill mate but if you want continuous action then Dawnsvale will keep you on your toes , theres a little stretch of the river Pant , i think , which runs alongside it which is interesting looking .

I caught my first Carp off the surface at DV , when the sun shines they just cruise about in droves. Caught it on a fake doggie biscuit 6 inches from the Bank :)

Hi guys,

thanks for all the advise and help with choosing a place. If i could do a night guest ticket then i would, as we have a lovely little lake ( Olivers in Witham ) that would be ideal, but i dont think we can take guests fishing at night.

Has anyone got any thoughts on chigborough?

Mike

Is that the old CEMAX water that stands beside the Chelmer mike ?

Well P1mikey I don't know about you but Newmarket may well have convinced me! Cheers, NM How far are you from Braintree? If I go it'll be for the day on 25th June, I'll pick you up if you want