tubing

chrisjames

Evening all! Just started fishing again after life got in the way. A number of people at my club run tubing up the line just beyond the swivel. I've never done that, but not sure if it's something I'm missing? I like the rig tied to swivel tied to line with the weight just on the line. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Evening all! Just started fishing again after life got in the way. A number of people at my club run tubing up the line just beyond the swivel. I've never done that, but not sure if it's something I'm missing? I like the rig tied to swivel tied to line with the weight just on the line. Am I missing something?

Cheers

The way your fishing is fine Chris , mainline is the best camouflage you can get .

Unless your fishing over sharp stones , mussel beds or gravel bars why show the fish where your rig is :wink:

The way your fishing is fine Chris , mainline is the best camouflage you can get .

Unless your fishing over sharp stones , mussel beds or gravel bars why show the fish where your rig is :wink:

Cheers

Easiest, and best!

Only reason I use tubing is to protect the line, if I can get away without out tubing I will.

Not trying to start an argument here , and CM you quite rightly use your tubing for safety reasons with braid mate , but i'd just like to state that , when using mainline straight through , i've never ever lifted a scale on a fish of any species .

Anti-tangle tubing is/was invented for that reason , so anyone who is getting sucked in by Carp mags .

Think again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tubing, it's full name Anti-Tangle tubing, designed to prevent tangles.

I've never had a fish with a lifted scale from mono mainline, and I frequently fish without tubing. However I have had lifted scales and damaged flanks from leadcore.

Mono slides over the fish, and its extremely rare to floater fish, or fish zig rigs with tubing. It is extremely rare that mono will damage fish like that. However tackle manufacturers have upped the claim of preventing damage, as they do with 'must drop the lead', in order to sell more tackle.

I can also point you to fisheries where anglers fish miles to close to snags, where mono is used or maybe a Safezone type leader, but in such high strains that the fish are hauled through the snag damaging themselves in the process.

Unless you are using tubing to protect the line with the end tackle fishing near weeds, rushes or gravel, I think there is no need to use tubing!