gran canaria carping

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Not Been or heard anything about The Canary Isles, other than one of the best Lakes on there was Embalse de Chira. Very rocky, some Big, and pretty Carp.

hi all, any one need information on carp fishing in gran canaria spain on lake chira please ask away.

i will be adding catch reports on here,can a mod point me in the right direction please.

cheers keith

canary carp crew

i live in gran canaria and fish chira often, keith from www.canarycarpcrew.net will get you on the fish, he´s fished it hard for the last few years, check anglers mail (ian welch, steve spurgon) over the last few weeks and angling times a few months ago with dr gardener, all fished chira with keith, all caught and all will be coming back, its one hell of a lake :))

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone!!

Got to tell everyone this.................

I recently just went a lads holiday for a week to Gran Canaria to mainly catch some sun over winter and also for the nightlife.

However when i was in the hotel I saw a carpfishing flyer in the reception area and couldn't ressist. So I got intouch with the company and ended up going fishing 3times in the total, it was that good on the first trip I had to book two more trips. My PB was 16lb, however it is now a 30lb mirror!! I also caught a 17lb Mirror, a 22lb fully scaled common, 27lb mirror. The fishing was amazing and pretty cheap! Full set up was provided of new NASH gear and SOLAR baits as they are sponsored by them!! I recon I'm going to go back again in the summer but rent out ther lakeside apartments.:lol:

I have to let everyone know as I didn't even know that ther was carpfishing in gran canaria, I could go on & on about it as I'm weel happy now that I have smashed my PB, but I'll let you see for yourself....... they have a website called CARPFISHINGGRANCANARIA.COM

& Facebook 'CARPFISHING GRAN CANARIA'

Jay

For gods sake don't go with Keith- his driver's nuts... you need your rally licence to hold onto your breakfast.

Sorry Keith only joking- give my regards to Colin Mcrae.

Guys- if you want a blinding day out fishing in Gran Canaria- get in touch with Keith - he'll put you straight on the fish and supply you with cold beers in the 35 degree heat.

nuff said.

• 1 year later...

I have just been told that the Canary Carp Crew are no longer doing the fishing trips and Keith has moved to France where he is working at a lake over there.

The only trips and fishing holidays now operating on Lake Chira are via David Beecham.

http://www.carpgrancanaria.com/

David is working with Nash TV and Sky TV on a series of fishing programs. These programs can be seen over the coming months. The programs will give anglers a preview of what to expect if they decide to swerve past France and the Ebro in search of something different. Guaranteed sunshine and truly wild lean fighting carp are the order of the day on Chira with the fish averaging in the mid 20s.

The lake water is being lowered slightly by the authorities over the next few months so that a Hydroelectric station can be built on the dam wall in order to generate extra electricity for the island. Once this station is built the lake will be refilled to its capacity of around 180 acres of surface area and thereafter it will remain constant with little or no fluctuation of the water level. When this is achieved then it will be possible to create better and more permanent swims.

This work is expected to be completed in the next 18 months, meanwhile fishing carries on as usual and January has been reported as very good with numbers of 40s and 30s gracing the banks.

I will be having a week out there next month and it will be my 8th week in less than 2 years and I am planning to get at least another 2 weeks in later in the year.

Yup- I can confirm that Keith G. moved away from GC a few weeks back.

He's setting up a 35 acre lake in North france...with a celeb business partner.

All a bit hush, hush at the mo- but I think there is a launch article planned for a couple of mags in the next month or two. :wink: