Colne Valley Clubs

My fishing plans for this season have been thrown into disarray. I've just been promoted at work and that means 4 days a week in my London home and weekends back in the Midlands with my partner.

Given the amount of time I'll be away, I can't see me doing many weekends up here.

I'll be working in Uxbridge and may try to do some overnight sessions nearby. I wondered does anyone know any clubs that would be suitable. I'm not looking for anything exclusive, just somewhere I can get on without extortionate fees as I'll still be limited on time.

The other alternative may be to go fish Thorney Weir or Farlows on day tickets but this could get expensive given session lengths will be 12 hours or less.

Thanks Bivvy, I already live between the two. It's now though 1-2 days a week. 4 days means I won't see her except weekends.

I have a flat in Ruislip, I grew up in Ruislip so I'm quite familiar with London. :)

I grew up fishing the River Colne and occasionally fished lakes but I mainly float or feeder fished the rivers.

• 1 month later...

Another option if you are within 15 miles of Watford town hall or  can use an address that is within 15 miles,  is Watford Piscators. There main complex has 5 lakes including Tolpits, which although is nowhere near the lake it used to be still has a hanful of decent fish, around half a dozens 30's to around 37lb and at last a decent stocking policy.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally managed to sort this out as things have now settled with the job. Decided I'll do Thorney Weir as never tried to fish mid weeks on a consistent basis so that will be a new experience. Got 3 out of the next 4 weeks sorted. Going to have to strip everything back as want bare minimal stuff to pack away.