dream lakes DL2

boliecrazy69

hello all, new to the forum so want to say hello before I start picking your brains!

im of to dream lakes DL2 on the 29th of may for 1 week. I no its a while away but already starting to prep and work things out etc,guess im a bit excited!

I was planning on taking frozen bolies with me, air dying them all at home. was looking in the region of 30/35 kg. was curious how long these will stay fresh for once air dried?

also has anyone fished here and has any tips? or in general who has fished france and has recommendations on vital things to take and how to approach

thanks for taking the time to read this

tom

Just make sure you air dry em out for about a week in the bag & give em a shake every now & again , keep em on the move .

They'll shrink as the moisture leaves em , a kilo wont weigh a kilo ,and they will swell up again either when you chuck em in the lake or you can rehydrate em before you use em :wink:

ive been looking online and cant seem to find mainline cell shelf life bolies anywhere?

I dont think they sell them anymore ? Did they ever ?

Hybrid seems to have taken over . You can get it for £11.25 a kilo if you order 10kg or more of it ? :)

Hybrid has been around for a while mate,I know a bloke on my club lake had some 2 seasons ago on the sly,caught every 20lb plus fish bar one that season,he also has 12 kilo left of a boilie that was never released by mainline because it didn't break down,he tore the lake apart until he stopped using them for the above reason.

Thread well and truly hijacked, my apologies ☺

I dont think the OP will mind . I've been looking for his Cell shelfies .

As for Mainline Muft , as i've said many times , dunno what it is , cant put my finger on it , but i find it strange that they no longer seem to be offering their big sellers in shelf life .

Ive had a mooch about on the net this afternoon and the Cell , Activ-8 and Grange/new Grange , Fusion etc only seem to be available in freezer form ?

All their ready mades seem to be an instant high attraction type of boilie in small bags and my albeit factless suspicions are asking why ?

All the other major players seem quite happy to supply shelf life equivalents and Nash , well we know whats happening there .

All very strange imo

yeah I think its silly they don't offer the shelf life option

so how do you think I should approach taking mainline cell bolies to france?

I will air dry them in my shed for 48 hours before I go then bucket them up, shall I put them back in the air drying bag when I arrive?

also whats the best way to rehydrate them

thanks

tom

Well if you want em to last the week i'd be air drying em for at least a week , although some of that could be on the bank i spose but how much was you taking ?:)

You dont HAVE to rehydrate them before you use em cos they will rehydrate once they hit the water and it wont take long , but a lot of people rehydrate their boilies by putting whatever you need for the day into a bucket of lake water with some added attraction such as hemp oil or something similar , the possibilities are endless and you'll get loadsa suggestions now i reckon :wink:

Is it possible one of the ingredients doesn't react very well to the more usual preservatives? or a suitable presrvative would be prohibitively expensive?

Or maybe they have bought new freezers and want to use them?

The fact that they're fresh bait is (usually) prohibitivley expensive doesnt seem to bother them :) and other companies shelfies are the same price or cheaper for their ready made equivalents ?

I've always wondered , rightly or wrongly , about the "food" value of their Boilies , and the fact that their current range of shelfies appear on the face of it to be mostly highly flavoured high attract "type" baits only add fuel to my wonderings .

Supposing my suspicions are correct , and i cant say , im just speculating and waffling , would fresh versions be even more attractive maybe even addictive to the Carp ?

Genuine question .

The fact that they're fresh bait is (usually) prohibitivley expensive doesnt seem to bother them :) and other companies shelfies are the same price or cheaper for their ready made equivalents ?

I've always wondered , rightly or wrongly , about the "food" value of their Boilies , and the fact that their current range of shelfies appear on the face of it to be mostly highly flavoured high attract "type" baits only add fuel to my wonderings .

Supposing my suspicions are correct , and i cant say , im just speculating and waffling , would fresh versions be even more attractive maybe even addictive to the Carp ?

Genuine question .

Someone once told me why mainline don't do there ranges in shelf life but I can't remember the reason now,bit of a waste of time posting this really

think ill do that then,air dry for a week,i am looking at taking around 20k and buying 20k there

The boilies that you buy in france , mate , im sure you dont need telling anyway , but just in case :) , buy em as you need em other wise you are going to need one big koff air drying bag :) :) :)

Hi mate welcome dream lakes is a bollies only water now just fishing it like English lake lead and soft hoklink does the job if I was you I would get one them cool packed an the time you leave put it in to keep it fresh I no a felly who used 50kg in a couple days so u mite need a bite more then 30kg mate