Trentham estate lake

Hi all im new to hear and thought id introduce myself iv just moved to stafford love carp fishing was walking the dog at trentham the ither day and got talking to a fellow angler thinking of joining.

Its £210 for the year it looked weedy and shallow but done some research apparantly a few lumps in there if anyone had any thoughts ir experiences that would be great!

And its neally 90 acres and no cars but i dont mind that haha

Thanks all and ye it's a syndicate I'm just thinking if it's worth it that's all

If its a syndicate then it should be quiet , well looked after and usually a pleasure to fish as you will feel part of a team knowing that all the other members will be as responsible as you are for the welfare of the fish .

Regardless of stock levels .

I dont know the place but at £210 i reckon its a steal .

My day ticket venue charges £200 just for membership and i still have to fish with the numpties.

Go for it matey

I think you have to make your own mind up. £210 is cheap compared to some syndicates.

Different syndicates will suit different people. You need to weigh it up on what you want from your fishing.

£210 vs day ticket prices at £20 for 24 hrs works out at good value over a year if you get out enough.

Then you need to work out if it has a stock that interests you. Some people will pay silly money to chase specific fish or a high number of 30+ fish. If you're just happy being on the bank then stock is less important.

Where in Stafford are you? Some clubs are good value Blackfords progressive angling near Stafford have some good looking waters and is £30 per rod for a season. There's some others as well. That might offer more variety than just one lake.

Edited by androoooo

I think you have to make your own mind up. £210 is cheap compared to some syndicates.

Different syndicates will suit different people. You need to weigh it up on what you want from your fishing.

£210 vs day ticket prices at £20 for 24 hrs works out at good value over a year if you get out enough.

Then you need to work out if it has a stock that interests you. Some people will pay silly money to chase specific fish or a high number of 30+ fish. If you're just happy being on the bank then stock is less important.

Where in Stafford are you? Some clubs are good value Blackfords progressive angling near Stafford have some good looking waters and is £30 per rod for a season. There's some others as well. That might offer more variety than just one lake.

Yea

I understand I think the carp go to 30 but it's 88 acres that's what's putting me of more than anything

And north staffordbud I will look at blackfordscheers mate

You need to be aware a  area of the lake is also out of bounds.... yes its a syndi ,but i d call it more  a limited number season ticket only run by the estate.... you will definately not get ppl casting over ya ...i have friends currrently fishing it and not heard a bad word said about it....yes ppl have struggled on there...yes theres some interesting fish...and the walk from the carp park can be a bit of a killer...i personally have not fished it since the 90s...thought about going back , but i have been there and done my time....plus im enjoying my  time on a lovely estate lake in leicester...

Edited by keffus

You need to be aware a  area of the lake is also out of bounds.... yes its a syndi ,but i d call it more  a limited number season ticket only run by the estate.... you will definately not get ppl casting over ya ...i have friends currrently fishing it and not heard a bad word said about it....yes ppl have struggled on there...yes theres some interesting fish...and the walk from the carp park can be a bit of a killer...i personally have not fished it since the 90s...thought about going back , but i have been there and done my time....plus im enjoying my  time on a lovely estate lake in leicester...

Cheers for the info mate and yes isn't it the bay down the outlet shopping end? It seems all well and good just a matter of location I reckon when I was down there I seen a lot of weed is this the norm do you know mate

yeah

Cheers for the info mate and yes isn't it the bay down the outlet shopping end? It seems all well and good just a matter of location I reckon when I was down there I seen a lot of weed is this the norm do you know mate

yeah, its usualll weedy through the summer months so im told by friends.... the fish do like to travel in  shoals, islands always seem to hold resident fish.....and yeah the bay ,the whole side along the wall and down by the bird sanctury up just before the island...