Any one fished patshull park

Pablo

new owners have ruined it, you can only fish the bottom section of the lake between the entry bridge and the hotel, unless your in the syndie. but if your into pike they have some whoppers, up to 30lb  :lol:

first peg to the right of the bridge before you go in is best for pike

source, regular for the winter fishing :wink:

Yea used fish the church but as andy said its completely changed since i fished there. There still some originals but alot have died since my time on there lot of stockies includeing simmos which for a history lake like the chuch is just wrong. There used be 3 year waiting list now they carnt fill the places anyone can walk onto the syndicate now to me that says alot!

Its loads easiar to catch fish on there now than it was. When i fished on there there were around 60 fish in there now theres around 150 alot of them been hungery stock fish. The fishery should have had a stocking policy 15 years ago and introduced 4 or 5 stockies every couple of years from the original blood line it could still have been the water it once was. Instaed they waited to late the wart died and so did the church as i new it. The fishery panicked when the wart died and others started bellying up they wanted a quick fix and started stocking the fish that are there today.

It depends what u want out u fishin mate. If you after 30ties then no. But if your hapoy with doubles and 20iesthen yea there still some originals left and there old stunners its just nothing like it used to be. Every fish was a hard earned wood carving useally over 20 with a realistic chance of a 30! Theres also a different type of angler on there now because anybody can have ticket.

• 1 year later...

Liamclose did you ever fish barbs

Yes mate done bit on there had most the fish I wanted pretty quickly. Biggest was 29lb i think that fish died few years ago and some fish were moved out of there into church but I've heard fish have escaped out of church into barbs. Been 8 years since I fished patshall, still fish Great Lake for pike and perch in the winter occasionally.

But I've lost touch with the church and Barbaras. Barbs could have a surprise or two in there though proberly bigger fish in there than the church these days. The originals in patshall are stunning but there getting fewer and fewer as time goes on.

new owners have ruined it, you can only fish the bottom section of the lake between the entry bridge and the hotel, unless your in the syndie. but if your into pike they have some whoppers, up to 30lb :lol:

You carnt fish carp anyware on the great lake for carp unless your in the syndicate and new owners havnt changed anything nothings changed on there for the 20 years. The church has changed due to the loss of the original bigguns and it attracts a different sort of angler than it once did. Best place pike is ware they are on the day.