Farlows in iver bucks! Any hints or tips?

Hi guys,

I havnt been on here for a while, busy isn't the word, however I was wondering about my nearest carp lake farlows!

Has anybody on here fished it?

Any hints and tips to part with or words of wisdom?

I remember fishing here as a kid and it was full of trout etc, but now it is an up and coming big carp fishery!

Any help would be appreciated!

It's always been a carp/coarse fishery with good fish in. I've only coarse fished it and did a stint of work experience and help working for boyer leisure who owned it working with Tristan the baliff at the time. That was some 17 years a go. The lake is split up and has loads of bays and areas. It's a fair old walk round but I would think spending time to find them in that kind of water will play a significant part.

You also have Thorney Weir on your door step and parts of the Colne round there due to flooding hold good carp.

It's a shame I moved to Shropshire as the waters near Ruilsip where I'm from have some cracking fish in them.

agree this place seems in good hands and if anyone is after a good watch with some of farlows resident fish in then the reel fishing uk lads have some good vids on youtube :P

Just watched a few of the videos of the reel fishing lads! They've had some belters out of there! Can't wait to get back down now!

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that Erics carp championships have recently been held on said water so there are a good few hours viewing on YouTube for you to pass the time.im sure someone will have fished it recently and can help you out,good luck when you and your brother go and that other incident may turn out to be a blessing in disguise :)

I'm going to give it a go with my little bro this weekend. Anyone had a dabble there recently?

Ryan.

I was there a couple of weeks ago mate!

Tried to jump on lake 1 but it was very busy so ended up on lake 2!

There are still some decent carp in lake 2 just not the monsters of number 1 although I had 1 10lb mirror!

I would avoid 2 at the moment only because it's weedy beyond belief! I know their on top of it and have introduced a dye to the lake to kill the savage weed there is and they are planning on removing a load of it on the 8th or 9th of this month I believe!

After that it should fish far better!

Either way, ask the guys in the tackle shop when you buy your ticket, for the best spots etc and when people are leaving as you might be able to jump in a recently baited swim???

Have a good one though mate and let us all know if you pull out a lump!