Rig for what ?

newmarket

Evening fellas , whilst sorting through my tackle bag earlier on i was looking through an old rig wallet and i found a rig that i dont remember ever seeing before .

I didnt take a picture , maybe i shoulda done , and i think somebody must have given it to me when i was just starting out .

I thought that if i described it to you guys maybe somebody may recognize it and more importantly know what it might be used for ?

Its about 8-10 inches long made of a soft fluorocarbon or a mono with a largish D instead of a hair .

On the D is a tiny swivel .

Hook size probably a 10 or possibly a small 8 depending on manufacturer .

Anyone got any ideas ?

I've seen it described for pop-ups; you thread the pop-up using floss (or similar) all the way so that the swivel is inside the bait and tie it off.

I've never used it so can't comment on how effective or otherwise it is.

It maybe that the swivel puts a bit of extra weight on your bait can't recall where I saw it.

I've used rigs similar, with a size 11 swivel.

Used to put a pop up on by pushing onto the swivel.

I've stopped using it in favour or rig rings. I found if you didn't tie it off the popup would come off and it was a pain to tie.

I'd put a loop through the swivel with bait floss, fold over a latching needle and pull the push up onto the swivel then tie a stop to prevent the popup coming off.

Most presentations you'd use to tie something to rig ring will work but haven't found it more effective than a rig ring.