hevingham lakes

Camp sites with fishing are always worth a look, there is one one the out-skirts of coventry, there are fish up to mid 20lb maybe a thirty, it only gets fished by weekend break holiday anglers. They only sell day tickets to those stopping on site, it gets over-looked by night anglers. But they do sell tickets to anglers that are there for a few days fishing. If that makes sense.

Sorry mate im not really familiar with east anglia at all .

Might be worth PM'ing frogy , he seems to fish a lot of venues up that way .

Failing that , Nick may know :)

Havent fished here myself yet but only just up the road from me, here's what I found :P

http://www.hevinghamlakes.co.uk/fishing.html

I'm usually the one asking questions so its nice to help some one else :P

John Wilson used to give a breakdown on them in his Fishing In Norfolk and Suffolk Guide books which used to appear every few years, but since he's stopped that weblink is the best you will get, some nice looking fish it shows too, and looking at faces in some of the pics, I do know a few of the anglers from my time up in Norfolk!

Hevingham years ago received some Redmire stock, along with later stockings of some of the more 'chubby' ghosties and the like, all nice fish, and Hevingham as said is a very nice fishery. Don't think of it as just carp, as some of the tench are real dark scrappy beasts that go to a large size as well