Somerset or Cotswold WP?

Hi chaps,

Up until now I've done most of my fishing up in the meres of the northwest, but for the next year I will be spending almost all my time 20mins south of Bristol due to Uni...obviously I'm very keen to find some carping down there!

I've done a bit of research and the main contenders are Bathampton AC, finding somewhere on the Bristol Avon for river carping or South Cerney AC on the Cotswold WP.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on any of these clubs/waters? By PM if preferred! I think the South Cerney AC waters will be more up my street; quiet, low-stock and nice surroundings but I just want to make sure it's worth the money and time on the M5!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,

yaffle

Welcome the asylum young man . Cant help with the fisheries im afraid except that i know there are loadsa great rivers etc down that part of the world .

Good luck in your quest ...

I moved down to Somerset from Shropshire, and the meres, back in early 2000's. I'm now back up here.

I was a member of South Cerney and it has a lake on there that I wish I could have spent more time on. Massive and, for the best part, an unknown stock. Very similar to Bradleys before they lost it off the ticket and it got stocked with thousands of stock.

Huntstrete is a nice lake to spend time on. Check out Useph's posts in the blog section.

You could even venture down to Bridgwater and join the local club. They have a lake at coombwich that might suit you. If it were me though, I would get a ticket for Horseshoe and get my name down on Farriers.

I'm not 100% certain but I think I've read before of some very good fish in and around the exeter area. Either in the river or the shipping canal...none of which are heavily fished for.

I'm sure I read it in a magazine within the last year. May be worth searching out some more information and seeing what you can find out through internrt searches and the like.