Maggot rig

zanderbadger

I prefer to tie maggots onto a micro rig ring with dental floss. The maggot rings make the maggots hang on it like they are on a washing line once they have been out in the water for a considerable time. I think it looks naff.

Totally agree Tony.

After all the hype about the korda maggot clips when they came out i went out a brought a packet, i took one look at them on the bank and binned them.

I have got to say that i think they are the most over rated piece of end tackle that has been released in years.

The gage of the wire is far too thick, the presentation is total pants, they are over priced and not to mention the damage one could cause if it happened to come undone while a fish is hooked.

Zander go down the bait floss route it is cheaper, the presentation is far better and a lot safer.

I prefer to tie maggots onto a micro rig ring with dental floss. The maggot rings make the maggots hang on it like they are on a washing line once they have been out in the water for a considerable time. I think it looks naff.

Totally agree Tony.

After all the hype about the korda maggot clips when they came out i went out a brought a packet, i took one look at them on the bank and binned them.

I have got to say that i think they are the most over rated piece of end tackle that has been released in years.

The gage of the wire is far too thick, the presentation is total pants, they are over priced and not to mention the damage one could cause if it happened to come undone while a fish is hooked.

Zander go down the bait floss route it is cheaper, the presentation is far better and a lot safer.

I agree totally.I said this from day 1,give me a bunch of maggots D rigged via a needle and cotton anyday just for natural appearance.Like you say if it comes undone or you break off during the fight the fish'll have 2 lumps of metal to contend with.

Totally agree Tony.

I agree totally.I said this from day 1,give me a bunch of maggots D rigged via a needle and cotton anyday just for natural appearance.Like you say if it comes undone or you break off during the fight the fish'll have 2 lumps of metal to contend with.

Either the Needle and Hair braid/cotton or a Medusa Rig everytime for me.

Since its possible to make maggots float though the Braid/cotton presentation looks far more natural than a ball of maggots on a cork ball popped up

how about maggot clips because the pack i got from korda every single one was blunt has anybody had the same problem

Not sure its just you. My Mate bought some and they burst just about every single maggot he tried putting on them the point was so blunt, and that was the smaller size.

Guest fenboy

I had the same problem ,blunt clips kept bursting the maggots,i actually emailed korda to complain ,they said they had had a problem with sharpness of the clips and when they got a new batch they would send me a few packets but that was a year ago and im still waiting even sent them the mail they had sent me a couple of months ago to jog their memories , still nothing ,hows that for customer service !!! :evil:

Yeah mine are the same very blunt and thick wire (small size too) - I can just about manage to hook maggots though without them bursting but its tricky. I still like the idea of them though and would buy another pack if they were improved - I've done OK with them - and couldn't see them ever coming off and being dangerous thats nonsense IMO, god knows they are difficult enough to get open so they aint coming off accidentally

Yeah mine are the same very blunt and thick wire (small size too) - I can just about manage to hook maggots though without them bursting but its tricky. I still like the idea of them though and would buy another pack if they were improved - I've done OK with them - and couldn't see them ever coming off and being dangerous thats nonsense IMO, god knows they are difficult enough to get open so they aint coming off accidentally

On a loop they actually come off quite easily.

I played around with them and tested them and won't use them.

Guest Anonymous

I tried the Korda maggot clip... once :oops: I obviously bought some of the dodgey blunt batch.

I've always threaded them onto a long sowing needle then put them on some 1lb line & tied it, so much better in presentation cause you can tie it nice & short straight onto the hair.

• 4 weeks later...

if it results in a pb carp then the little extra time gluing a few maggots on a cork ball seems a little insignificant besides what else do you have to whilst waiting for a run ?

carp fishing is all about bait presentation and long waits followed by a few minutes frantic activity

if it results in a pb carp then the little extra time gluing a few maggots on a cork ball seems a little insignificant besides what else do you have to whilst waiting for a run ?

So you dont mind fishing your maggots popped up then?

I will stick to my method on how i fish maggots cos i can fish any amount of maggots on my rig that i want from 1 to 30 and the presentation will be loads better than a Medusa rig. (But thats just my opinion)

never used maggot rig thought about it but just stick with putting them straight on hook worked well for me on monday size 10 barbless eyed 6 maggots on loads of carp and tench

Thats it, do we often overcomplicate things? :?