Normanhurst lake,catsfield,east sussex

As you enter the lake from the path through the woods, turn left and walk about 50 yards. I usually prefer fishing just past the little cut back (can't remember the name of the swim now) but it's just before the tree line.

You can cover a lot of water from there.

Edited by smufter

I fished harmers most of last summer,had quite a few out,trouble is its another pond the club doesn't look after,broken lines everywhere,hanging from trees on far bank,i lost 2 decent sized carp cos of line getting tangled in mine! Ever since it flooded it hasnt been the same,it seems they cant control the water level,beatiful pond to to fish peaceful until a random dog comes in the swim and creates havoc,eating bait,knocking rods over etc

Some things never change! Lol! It had some lovely carp in it. Used premier GLM with mixed herbs flavour over the summer of 98 fished the end (furthest) swim from the car park tight to the far margins, casting to the far bank, walking around and lowering it by hand with a handful of baits scattered around it. Caught virtually every known carp in there, it was one of my most fondest ever seasons, lovely tench too! Is that massive koi/goldfish still in there do you know?

Bexhill?? My parents live there, i went to school there in the 90's.

:rolleyes:

Carp spawning temps are 14-24c with optimum temps being 16-18c, the temps during the day for the last week or so, before the rain was averaging mid teens around my area, obviously this does not count nationally, but ive seen them going through the motions, cruising in groups, fin flicking, tailing each other, if not full out carpy humping, this was during the sunny high temps/high pressure. The cool low pressure that has brought this rain in has lowered the daily temps to about 9-11c during the day. This low pressure may get the carp to forget about procreation for the moment and get their heads down, who knows how their little fishy minds work?

:rolleyes: