Suffolk Water Park

No one like getting to a venue to find its a bit tight.! Anglers doubling up in a single swims is never a good sign , yuk yuk yuk, one of the reasons I really venture out to day ticket venue. Sticking to my clubs 2 water a few trip over the water keeps my carping needs at bay,,,

On Thursday Along with my sidekick Stumpy Harris, we're off to the Suffolk Water Park (SWP). we paid this day ticket venue a visit a few weeks back, what we fount was a very decent venue, 30+ swims. well spaced out and plenty of rood both water to fish and swim size, Not to shaw what the fish population is, I'm aware they go to around 40lb, Fish to this size is what your looking for on a day ticket venue, the onsite tackle shop and cafe where a pleasant surprise, there is limited car access to swims,Also a public car park. A Board in tackle shop with who's on the lake and in what swim, Really gives you and insight even before you walk around, on site bailiff was very helpful, I'm shaw I'll be picking is brain a some stage of the trip,

Changing weather over the next few days will possibly make it a bit challenging, daytime temps around 9/ 1 degree throughout out the night, winds from the E to NNE, the swim we fancy will be blowing straight down your throat ,

The biggest challenge for me this trip will be using one of my new baits, deciding to go all out on the new bait or stick to my normal hybrid/active8 combo ?..

If any one reading this, how as fished at this venue, please feel free to add any information

Toftman

all the swims are numbered on a board, so you know what swims are taken & which are not. you have to book in and book out when leaving, I just feel this is quite important, this time of year changing weather play a big part of where your going to find fish, knowing what swims are free before, will help your final decision.

I'm pretty Shaw a quick phone call to the bailiffs, a move could be quickly arranged ,job done !!!  how many day ticket venues with good fish don't get busy, take the richworth linier in oxford always busy always a struggle to find swims that suit your need,

ill keep this topic open  as a fish this venue over the next few month,

Tight lines  

Welcome to the forum MrToftman, 

if you haven't already have a look in the suffolk waters thread of the venues section there is a fair bit of info about SWP on there, there is a regular on here that I'm sure will add to this thread soon that can probably give you all the info you are after.

The big lake at SWP is not my kind of place but there are defiantly some good fish to go after, i think you are pretty much garanteed every fish in there is over 20lb with a number of 30's to target and it does have everything you could want at a day ticket lake. It can get busy but as you say they have a system (the board) which can make this more manageable. the food in the cafe is spot on! and they even deliver it to your swim, i think it can be arranged for your gear to be dropped to your swim on their John Deer :)

I hope you have a good time when you go!

Theobeeus my comment on bait was more a  question to myself, my freezer is full of my new bait just gaging to be used, I should have made this thread in the my blog section, so ill apologies for not looking closer at the forum for info on SWP. After a visit to the venue recently Cell seems to be a popular choice, the closest bait I have to Cell is a mixed bag hybrid&Active8 so I have to  considered this approach, I'm quite aware there are endless baits that could be used,My bait bag will hold a few items, not knowing if there are any bait restrictions a good bollie as to be considered .Thanks for the input fellow, have you fished SWP much ?,,was your comment a suggestion to use something other than bollie ?

Nealjt  thanks for the welcome & for the Heads up that there is a section on SWP, ill need to pay more attention,,,, I'm looking forward to fishing the venue,  any good info is very welcome, going up on Thursday morning Just a shame the weather as  changed,

Suffolk Water Park gets very busy at times, and even with the board showing captures and weights, and anglers wanting to move swims, you really have to be fast if you change swims. You also get anglers queuing up behind you if they want to fish the swim and you show you are leaving!

Parts of the lake are very weedy

There is an existing thread on Suffolk Water Park, which I have added some of their catch reports on, so I will try to copy and paste this onto that thread:

https://forum.carp.com/topic/2029-suffolk-water-park/