Stalking landing net handle

I've just brought a set of 9ft nash scopes and a holdall, which are great as they go in the back of the car. The only problem now is that my landing net handle now sticks out the top of the holdall!

I am looking for a net handle that is a 2 piece, say 6 to 8ft. The joint needs to be pretty much in the middle, so that the broken down handle lengths (or the longest one at least) is about equal to my holdall (44 inches). I would also like a threaded end so that I could use other nets e.g barbel spoon, rubber net for piking etc.

I know nash do a dwarf and scope net, but I am put off for three reasons. 1. the reveiws indicate that they are about as robust as a champagne flute. 2. from what I can tell they do not have a threaded end on the handle, so you cant use another net. 3. It only comes as a set - handle and net and I already have plenty of nets!

Ive also heard of the JRC roamer net, I cant tell if this can only be used with their net, or if it has a standard threaded attachment? Also, only seems to be availble as a 'set'.

Any recomendations or further info on the above would be appreciated? I dont mind secondhand /ebay etc. I am normally a tightarse, buying a set of scopes was out of character! :shock:

Evening blank

Ok , firstly mate there are literally hundreds of em on ebay .admittedly a lot of em are probably for match fishing so they may not be strong enough for what you want .

If your after a handle by a "name" brand ie nash jrc etc then you are looking at spending a nifty + .

But if you take a chance on one of the lower end brands then you may be in luck.

NGT do a 2,3and 4 metre handles ( telescopic and take apart ) .

Their stuff is usually pretty naff to be fair but my spare handle, that i used for 5 years before i bought my fox warrior net , is NGT and its ok and still going strong.

Also linaeffe do a 2 peice handle as well . Cant vouch for their landing nets & handles but i have 2 feeder rods of theirs and they are really good quality and i would recommend THEM .

Good luck with your search mate.

I am definitely not too bothered by names.

I did have a look on ebay, but hardly any of the adverts contain important information......such as how long the handle is when collapsed down, which surely is a fairly important consideration to people wanting a telescopic landing net handle! :lol:

The only budget make I would rule out would be linaffe. I had a match fishing handle from these and the thread stripped on its first use when I netted a 12oz skimmer. :evil: Let me tell you.....loosing a 12oz skimmer on a canal match in January is probably on a par with loosing a 25lb carp :lol:

Ive messaged a few of the ebay sellers to check the lengths of their products. Will feed back if I get a response.

• 4 years later...