Breakaway Pits , Melton

Okey cokey, being as it is 'my area' and I know a bit about the whole complex.

Breakaway Melton had problems in the past with drug users, dealers and the bailiff, tackle thefts etc all being 'inter-related'.

This bailiff was ejected, and the replacement was very quick to stamp his authority in an attempt to bring things right, but unfortunately this upset a number of the idiots who carried on causing grief, so the new bailiff then quit.

He has since been replaced by a gentleman, who I know reasonably well, who will put you right, and tell you if you are wrong!

However there are still the occasional idiots fishing Melton as it is day ticket.

I posted this on another thread around November time:

salokcinnodrog

To the 2 anglers who showed great disrespect to others on Melton lake this weekend.

Firstly you set up without checking where others were fishing, and your casting came very close to 2 others people who were already fishing. Then on Saturday night, running your bait boat up and down the lake was taking the pee, especially when it appeared that you sent your end tackle out 3 quarters of the way up the lake out past the 2 original anglers you upset, and then towards where a 3rd was fishing.

You are just ignorant and should not be fishing

You have the choice, as it is a water I fish a bit, and would like to continue fishing, I would hope that you are able to make your choice from this.

It is a nice venue, with some nice fish, it has had troubles, but is hopefully on the way up, and if I ever meet you on there, I can only hope that you find what I have said the truth and we can have a chat.

Not sure about the troubles there but a club I belonged to used to go there for a match once a year and I really enjoyed the fishing. That was in the lake nearest the road, cannot comment on the other one.

Being as the Match lake is only fished during the day, other than fish being moved occasionally between the 2 at night, it didn't get the problems of the Main/Specimen Lake.

It holds a fair number of 'match size' carp, some roach and bream and maybe a perch or 2

• 3 weeks later...

I went down yesterday and last week, and I will say that there is a serious litter problem that the bailiff doesn't seem to have yet overcome.

While I agree that his concern in fish care, being a bailiff also includes litter picking and emptying the darn bins.