hertfordshire day ticket lakes

well...its closed season at my club now...and my local water is now officially private.. :? so i don't know where to fish :P so i am asking you nice people if anyone knows any good day ticket lakes in hertfordshire (as close as poss to watford lol)

thanks people

chris

I will recomend Pixies mere in Hemel hempstead Gary who runs it is vry helpful and its one of the best run places around. They have a website on www.pixiesmere.co.uk which is a little out date as last week they had bigger fish stocked in. Since friday last week its done 11 20s to 29lb. They have a log in the cabbin at carpark which is very up to date has catch timeees, peg numbers and weights of fish coming out. There on site toilets and small tackle shop baits and little tackle items. Also great for security with gates locked at night. I have gary number if you want it shout me or check the website tell him craig recomended him he will know.

• 1 year later...

I've been speaking to a friend who has moved into Hertfordshire for work and he has recommended this place, Rib Valley Fishing Lakes

Rib Valley Fishing lakes are situated in the picturesque Rib Valley immediately adjacent to the River Rib at Ware in Hertfordshire. Westmill and Millennium Lake are both coarse fishing lakes. All the lakes are open for fishing throughout the year with opening times being 7.00am. to dusk, seven days a week. A small lodge is available, where all anglers must sign in before fishing, with tea and coffee making facilities.. Toilet facilities are adjacent to the lakes. Infirm anglers may also drive around the lakes, providing ground conditions permit.

There is a tackle shop located at the entrance to the fishery where you can purchase your fishing tickets, bait or coarse and fly fishing tackle.

Any of the lakes may be booked for exclusive use for corporate days or party bookings.

The Lakes are situated off the A602 Ware to Stevenage road approximately half a mile from the roundabout on the A10. We are about fifteen minutes from the M25 junction 25 and 20 minutes from the A1 at Stevenage.

Proprietors. D.J.and D.M.Vigus

WESTMILL FARM

WARE

HERTS

SG12 0ES

LakesTele. 01920 484913

From what I can gather I have heard that the Carp are pushing up to 30lbs and there are plenty of other fish species as well

Before anyone asks, I've never fished it.

I've been speaking to a friend who has moved into Hertfordshire for work and he has recommended this place, Rib Valley Fishing Lakes

Rib Valley Fishing lakes are situated in the picturesque Rib Valley immediately adjacent to the River Rib at Ware in Hertfordshire. Westmill and Millennium Lake are both coarse fishing lakes. All the lakes are open for fishing throughout the year with opening times being 7.00am. to dusk, seven days a week. A small lodge is available, where all anglers must sign in before fishing, with tea and coffee making facilities.. Toilet facilities are adjacent to the lakes. Infirm anglers may also drive around the lakes, providing ground conditions permit.

There is a tackle shop located at the entrance to the fishery where you can purchase your fishing tickets, bait or coarse and fly fishing tackle.

Any of the lakes may be booked for exclusive use for corporate days or party bookings.

The Lakes are situated off the A602 Ware to Stevenage road approximately half a mile from the roundabout on the A10. We are about fifteen minutes from the M25 junction 25 and 20 minutes from the A1 at Stevenage.

Proprietors. D.J.and D.M.Vigus

WESTMILL FARM

WARE

HERTS

SG12 0ES

LakesTele. 01920 484913

From what I can gather I have heard that the Carp are pushing up to 30lbs and there are plenty of other fish species as well

Before anyone asks, I've never fished it.

this is the lake i didnt my first ever 24 hour session (check carp pictures for what i caught :wink: ) there are 3 lakes one trout lake which has the 30's which you are referring to and is only open for course fishing for a certain part of the year (i think when fishing season starts) although i have not fished that one, millenium lake is mainly for course fishing and has mainly small fish in it but with plenty of tench of around 4-5lb some bigger and a few bream, this lake is quite big aswell and has the odd carp in it, and westmill lake which is the lake i night fished is stocked with plenty of carp, and all the biggest ones seem to be around the 22lb mark and there are plenty of double figure carp in there and this lake was also stocked with 300 small carp in march that are very random shapes :D (check out the carp pics again :P), and boilies are banned unfortunately but i have found sweetcorn to be most effective (although i have tried little else)

and nick, your mate know many other good carp waters near to rib valley (them lakes are only down the road to me), i know of banjo lake and a few in waltham abbey but thats pretty much it

Rib Valley

The Trout Lake is currently having the Trout removed. Anglers who catch any are allowed to take them. Carp are being stocked into this lake.

I gather that one of the lakes has produced a couple of Carp up to high 20's this week to an angler who was there for a couple of days

there isnt too many rules, just the general no boilies or tigernuts, unhooking mats to be used for bigger fish, barbless only etc etc although there are a few randoms like no bolt rigs so you should check em out before fishing lol

me and a mate were going to do a night there this weekend but then we remembered that there was a music festival there all weekend so we are going to do it in about 2 weeks, hopefully it will be more productive than last time for my m8, he had one 3lb carp the shape of a cornish pasty :lol::lol:

last time we went we spoke to this guy who had been fishing there every night during the weekday for 4 weeks at the time ( he had work near there and lived far away so just night fished to save driving back home lol ) and he said that he was getting quite a lot of 20's, but they all seemed to be around the 22 mark but we didnt get any bites through the night, probably because of the thunderstorm :wink:

last time we went we spoke to this guy who had been fishing there every night during the weekday for 4 weeks at the time ( he had work near there and lived far away so just night fished to save driving back home lol ) and he said that he was getting quite a lot of 20's, but they all seemed to be around the 22 mark but we didnt get any bites through the night, probably because of the thunderstorm :wink:

:wink::lol::lol::lol:

I know more than you reckon! :wink:

what? you where that guy? :s :S im confused :oops:

He could be refering to the fact i have called the lake on an off over a year and half and get that story bout that guy so i no idea whether it true or whether the guy just works this way and does it a lot for bout last year and half

lol for some reason i dont understand this could you write it out in a diffrent way? :oops:

what? you where that guy? :s :S im confused :oops:

No I'm not that guy, but have an inside track on some venues :wink:8)

"That" guy is definitely fishing it at night and going to work during the day, but I know that some of the weights don't quite correspond to what you have said :wink:

thanks fo cering that one up as i have been wanting t hear it independenty confirmed that this guy exists for a while. Why everyone might be assuming that the weights reported by the fishery are over reported i have a sneaky feeling from the cagey way you are talking that the weights being reported are being under reported because this guy is trying to keep it a secret little treasure chest by under reporting. I knew it had to be either he was not real or there was a very gud reasonto keep doingit when the weights are not ott.

• 9 months later...

hi im new to this, but just wanted to comment on the rib valley, i fish there a lot as its only 5mins away from where i live, and i also know (neil) who owns the tackle shop there..

a lot of people fish there and a lot of fish have been caught over the years, but it is a hard lake to fish, there is not as many carp in there as people think, they do go up to around the 30lb mark, and most are nice looking fish. most people would struggle to catch more than 3 maybe 4 carp in 1 session. my mate and a couple of his friends spent 3nights 4days there and only one of them didnt blank,

but saying all that its lovely and peaceful there and the guys that run it are very nice.

Thanks for that wayne you helped me decide to never fish it or never recomend it to anyone not great advertising they wont thank you if they know you.

Plenty of other places where they are upto 30s and good looking in Herts and you can acctual not struggle to blank at most times of year.

I would accept blanking in 3 nigts and four days if i were fishing for 30s-50s in big lakes but certainly not this small place for thi size. Give it a miss i think, thanks for the tip

craigmarky- dont get me wrong it is a lovely place to go and fish, and like i say if you do catch, they are lovely looking fish, obviously i dont know everyone who fishes there, so i can only go by what friends of mine tell me. i will carry on going there cause i am determined to catch one of the big ladies. :) i had a nice one last year around 18-19lb when i done a night there. so dont let me put you off, give it a go, you might be lucky. and neil who has the tackkle shop there is a very nice bloke and can give you lots more info on the place. i hope you do try it, if you do send me a message i would be more than happy to come along for a session with you.