Chod rig without leadcore but using mono main line HELP

adders60

I'd use the Korda Naked Chod System on your mono main line, with a PVA nugget on the hook when you cast.

What does the PVA Nugget do, prevent tangles ?

The main reason is so that if the bottom bead moves, or if you are only fishing a couple of inches above the lead, the hook won't get blunted if it knocks against the lead.

But it also gives me peace of mind that there will be no tangles (I know that Newmarket says helicopter rigs don't tangle, and in the main this is true, but there is always a chance that it hits the water at a weird angle and gets wrapped up) and the rig will present itself nicely.

And the final reason is that when the nugget hits the surface you have something to aim for if you are putting in some freebies around your hook bait.

That first point you make is very clever dal , about protecting the hookpoint from the lead ?

Never occured to me before , probably because i usually have the bottom bead a good 12-18 inches above the lead .

I wonder if anybody else does that ?

Use the rig foam on the choddy i mean .

That first point you make is very clever dal , about protecting the hookpoint from the lead ?

Never occured to me before , probably because i usually have the bottom bead a good 12-18 inches above the lead .

I wonder if anybody else does that ?

Use the rig foam on the choddy i mean .

So if bottom bead is up the line and I do not need an indicator on the surface for freebies I can ignore the pva nugget

I will look at using the Korda Naked rigs system on my Mono main line, any comments to that setup as I think its designed to be used on mono or fluro main lines. How far apart do you have the beads and long or short chod rigs ? I know how long is a piece of string but if you had to start somewhere which and what would you suggest ?

I'd be inclined to keep this as simple as you possible can.

Lead at one end with a rubber sleeve over the knot to protect it during the fight.

Two rubber "chod beads" with the hooklink in between- the bead nearest the hook is solely to stop the hook point from hitting the lead, so needs to be a couple of inches away from the lead, longer than the hooklink is.

The top bead set at around the depth of weed etc. but you might need to experiment with this.

Putty on the barrel of the hooklink swivel enough to pull the bait down

Fish it with the line "straight" but not so tight that it lifts the hooklink and Bob's yer Aunties live in lover.

I use a pva nugget covering the point of the hook, only so I can be sure the hook's not picked up any weed on its way down