Scorpion Rig

slinger

Yes. The inventor of the rig was catching 40lb'ers and big lumps on the rig.

As stoogi has said...... you could try using a length of pva, or alternatively....

once tied the hooklength, on the boillie line, just a fraction under the level of the eye of the hook, tie in a loop, and thread the hook length through so as the 2 lines stay together.

as so.........

scorpion2.jpg

UNTRIED, but I can't see any reason why this would take anything away from the structure of the rig.

(I would also offer the alternative of using a rig ring as opposed to tying a loop, but that may mean balancing the boillie with cork)

]

salokcinnodrog Posted: 28th Mar 2007 14:33 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Rig Tying sticky and also Snake Rig Thread

The Scorpion and the Snake rig were Creations that I think Martin Clarke came up with on a Very hard Water in the South of the Country. Also from Memory I think they were Published in The Korda guide to Rigs

Apparently he had some very good fish on them. I don't know whether he lowered the rigs in or cast them, but I do know that they worked

• 2 weeks later...
Martin clark describes using this rig in his book. he tried to keep it to himself so he invented it i think. Had some big fish on it

See Rig Tying sticky and also Snake Rig Thread

The Scorpion and the Snake rig were Creations that I think Martin Clarke came up with on a Very hard Water in the South of the Country. Also from Memory I think they were Published in The Korda guide to Rigs

Apparently he had some very good fish on them. I don't know whether he lowered the rigs in or cast them, but I do know that they worked

Spot on advice stoogi. I used the rig last weekend, and used the pva string tied tight around. Result. Twice.

Page 138/1423 Korda Advanced Rig Book.

Tackling hard waters.

great news slinger :D might have to get myself a copy of that book :)

Spot on advice stoogi. I used the rig last weekend, and used the pva string tied tight around. Result. Twice.

Page 138/1423 Korda Advanced Rig Book.

Tackling hard waters.

great news slinger :D might have to get myself a copy of that book :)

Ita a good book, just remember that Danny Fairbrass has changed his views slightlt since then towards mainstrean Carp Fishing since it was written.

Whether he has changed his views is irrelevant. The rig is what is in debate, and it works just as well now as it did when Martin Clarke designed it.

Thats true, I didn't mean it to sound like a slight on Danny Farebrass. Just that he seems to be doing the same as the "Norm" now.

Yet the book shows some very good advice that he seems to have come away from?