Foxhill Fisheries Walsall-any reviews.

Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I uncovered this lake whilst searching for somewhere local during the winter months. Probably late jan/early feb now.

Does anyone have any information on the fishing here?

Ive done some googling but most the the stuff i found was abit dated.

http://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_9386.htm

Here's a link for some vague information, i really couldnt find anymore info than this.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Saddler

I have a few mates that used to fish it years ago, going off what stories they have told me, I would give it a miss.

Fish are supposed to be battered in there, no fish care shown, or was shown in the past by anglers, and apparently not the most scenic of places to fish.

Only going off stories off very good mates, and if its the fishery I'm thinking of in that area then that's what I'm told.

I have a few mates that used to fish it years ago, going off what stories they have told me, I would give it a miss.

Fish are supposed to be battered in there, no fish care shown, or was shown in the past by anglers, and apparently not the most scenic of places to fish.

Only going off stories off very good mates, and if its the fishery I'm thinking of in that area then that's what I'm told.

I've heard similar but only heresay. There was a thread/question along similar lines to this one a while back. I'm hopeless with the Search facility, perhaps someone else can find the reference.

Ian

I've heard similar but only heresay. There was a thread/question along similar lines to this one a while back. I'm hopeless with the Search facility, perhaps someone else can find the reference.

Ian

I havnt seen that thread, but a good mate of mine lives near and he used to fish it when he started carping, and I trust everything he says.

Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I uncovered this lake whilst searching for somewhere local during the winter months. Probably late jan/early feb now.

Does anyone have any information on the fishing here?

Ive done some googling but most the the stuff i found was abit dated.

http://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_9386.htm

Here's a link for some vague information, i really couldnt find anymore info than this.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Saddler

Saddler, forgot to say welcome to the forum.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all

THanks for the replys been busy with xmas as you all probably have. I went to have a look at this place and i didn't really take a shine to it.

I'm going to try a fishery called Coppice Lane fishery which is abit farther but it looks in better nick :o

Saddler

Coppice Lane, down near Burntwood?

Try the older lake, can't remember what it's called. I've had some good fish out of there and once got proper smashed up by something large, even though I was using 15lb line, straight through.

It's a very pleasant place and seldom gets mad busy.

Ian

Hey all

THanks for the replys been busy with xmas as you all probably have. I went to have a look at this place and i didn't really take a shine to it.

I'm going to try a fishery called Coppice Lane fishery which is abit farther but it looks in better nick :o

Saddler

Coppice Lane, down near Burntwood?

Try the older lake, can't remember what it's called. I've had some good fish out of there and once got proper smashed up by something large, even though I was using 15lb line, straight through.

It's a very pleasant place and seldom gets mad busy.

Ian

Yes that's the one pal, it's around 10 miles from me.

Ive been fishing for under 6 months but i'm already eager to beat my PB of 8ish pound, i'm not sure whether im ready yet to handle fish into the doubles. :shock:

hi saddler you will deff catch at coppice lane, however it is a typical commercial lots of fish with lips missing, i wrote to the owners about it, all they said was they couldnt police the pools all of the time, aint been back since

Bit of a silly question sorry :oops: but i'd still call myself a beginner. How would a fish lose a lip? Bad unhooking? Barbed hooks or?

hi saddler you will deff catch at coppice lane, however it is a typical commercial lots of fish with lips missing, i wrote to the owners about it, all they said was they couldnt police the pools all of the time, aint been back since

Bit of a silly question sorry :oops: but i'd still call myself a beginner. How would a fish lose a lip? Bad unhooking? Barbed hooks or?

they have benn caught so many times and they have that many matches on there and match anglers can be very hasty at unhooking, you also get a lot of people swinging the fish in rather than using their net, all this adds damage to the fish lips get ripped then they are caught again and part of a lip falls off, its sad really because it could be a cracking place if it wasnt so overfished im afraid it is a sign of the times. but to build your confidence and use it as a bit of a training pool it will be ok beware you will get hounded by small carp (stock fish)