genesis carp fishery

mstarks

Just got back from genesis and what a trip.We went for two weeks as its something i have always wanted to do in my 30 years of fishing.Done loads of 7 and 10 days before but never 14.It all started well the first day or so and then the heavens opend up and the water levels came rushing up and we needed to move the bivies up to higher ground.We was fishing in swim 5 mostly to the far bank where i promptly walked around and placed my reflective breakdown vest as a night time reflector.The bottom of the lake is clean and snag free with the only snags found are tree roots in places around the margins.I was using a fishmeal boily with a fishy smell and had no prob with nuisence fish .The first week i had six 30s the biggest was a 38lb 8oz and 14 over 20lb to 28lb and six under 20lb up to 28lb.The second week slowed down a bit down to the weather i think as the water was up and down from the amount of rain we got the wind was blowing up the lake one day and down the next and the temp was t shirt one day and thermals the next ( globle warming ????? ) never the less we ended up with 62 carp in all ...7..30S......33 over 20lb and 22 up to 29lb. think if the weather was on our side we could have done better.Now to eddy and val....What can i say apart from dont change a thing . They are such good hoasts and nothing is to much trouble .As said on there blog by myself i think they have set the standerds for all carp fisherys.So a big thankyou to them and i would recomend genesis to anyone looking for a lake that you dont want to sit for days behind motionless rods and to be looked after by two great people :D:D:D:D