Hook link braid is floating?

serbusfish

• 2 weeks later...

Many hooklink materials loop up off the lakebed, from monos, fluoros or braids, I think more often with shorter hooklinks.

The loop up occurs between the quick link or swivel and the hook or any counterbalance weight used at the hook end of the hooklink, i.e. pop-up putty or shot/depth charge etc, usually if the knot is tight and held firmly onto the link or swivel. It happens less with loop knots or ring swivels.

If you are concerned about it, then you can "mouse dropping" putty along the whole length with braid, or rub it in through the whole length, or even get a Kryston product called Drop Em, and mouse dropping with that on the other hooklink materials

Some braids that I have used have tiny pockets of air in and around them try soaking them for around an hour then squeezing them really tight to release the pockets of air out of them this usually helps them sink.

And as said tungsten putty is a big help and another way of using it is to just mold a piece around your hooklink and rub up and down the braid. This put a small amount of weight up and down the line and helps it sink.

and if they still float ... Stay away from Ebay haha