Best effective rigs

fazzer

• 1 month later...
What's the lake bed made up of? Clay, silt, weed, gravel etc. More often than not simple variations on the knotless knot (rig length, hair length etc) will do the job.

(https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54131)

As Stoogi says, simple knotless knotted rig will work almost everywhere, and may be possible to be improved on by adding a shrink tube or silicon tube line aligner.

You have a massive choice of hooklink materials to cope with almost everything; mono, fluorocarbon, or braid, coated or uncoated.

the multi rig. make with jelly wire and nash fang. ive used it as pop up, double bottom bait, snowman and even with 2 bits of maize on to catch our best fish.

While I agree that the Multi rig is useful in that you can change your hook should you need to without scrapping a whole hooklink, it can make for awkward or even difficult rig manipulation in the tying of the loop for the hook.

Come to that, on a standard presentation of the kk with line aligner, I have caught a number of same fish all on the same rig. I cast out a rig at Merrington, landed a 26, then used that same rig for a number of other fish at Hintlesham until I lost, or fragged it.

We often overcomplicate things for the sake of it, and in many cases probably change hooks when we don't need to due to the "I change my hook after every fish" by whoever in the magazines.

Sure, it may be required, but much of that is down to sponsorship, and so and so having to increase tackle sales for his tackle company.

Don't get me wrong, I can probably go through a whole list of rigs that I have used and tied up, and caught on, yet in many or even most cases, it simply isn't needed.

Knotless knotted rig, and standard presentation accounts for probably 90% of carp caught, and captures of other species as well

what a simple double double overhand knot?

I wouldn't tie a basic overhand knot in a hooklink material, and even if I would, I can't tie small loops very easily as I have arthritis in my fingers

An overhand knot is one of the first knots to give way and break under pressure :wink:

I'd rather use a Rapala/loop knot :wink:

Guest keenook

There was a thread a while ago, someone posted a real great knot! Just shows that never mind how long you have been in this game you can still learn!

Please find it Uncle Nick, as I failed, and I know that love the search facility! :P