hooks

dizco

i recently bought a pack of long shank hooks with an in turned eye tied the hook up with my the rig i use exaxtly the same .....once ive been getting a take on the long shanks they are ejecting the hook im getting half screamers and then the rig is ejected resulting in a lost fish this has happend 3 times out of 4 takes ....went back to my normal pattern hook and caught the next take as i would expect ....why are the fish getting rid of the longshank hooks when my normal rigs are not ???

im just presenting the bait on a 6/7 inch esp braid with 1 tiger nut on over a bed of particles as i normaly do (boilies are banned on this club water ) everthing rig wise presentaion wise is the same ....only the hook is diff (long shank size 8 ) i normaly use a normal gape size 8 9no long shank) onlt diff is the fish are ejecting the long shank hook done my head in trying to work it out thats why i posted in here

i recently bought a pack of long shank hooks with an in turned eye tied the hook up with my the rig i use exaxtly the same .....once ive been getting a take on the long shanks they are ejecting the hook im getting half screamers and then the rig is ejected resulting in a lost fish this has happend 3 times out of 4 takes ....went back to my normal pattern hook and caught the next take as i would expect ....why are the fish getting rid of the longshank hooks when my normal rigs are not ???

You may need to consider something else as well. It may be a completely unlikely possibility, but of those 3 takes that you "lost", was it possible that a line trailer went over your line and gave you a run. Or even that you had fish going over your line and giving you proper liners, especially if you are fishing over particles.

The 4th fish that you landed was a "proper" take.

It may be a total coincidence that it happened, it could be genuine lost fish, but I've given you another idea or 2.

As for the original rigs, is the normal rig with or without rig tubing?

(As opposed to the longshank rig)

Is the longshank rig using any tubing?

Line aligners on either etc?

What size fish are you catching?

both rigs used with shrink tubing ..both had line aligners .....when i was testing the long shanks out iwas margin fishing like i had been previously when using the other hooks on this water

Extending the length of the shank of a longshank with a piece of tubing may well be part of the cause then. Go back to the shorter shanked hooks (which seem to be working), and stick with them.

It may even be that the longshanked hook can't be taken in, or "turned" in the mouth of a smaller fish.

I honestly don't like longshanked hooks with smaller fish, I don't think they work at all well, and may be partly responsible for mouth damage.