Nazeing Meads or North Met

I'm local to both waters and will be able to get a ticket for Nazeing and get on the list for North Met, There are other waters locally (Bowyers, Ashley, Glen Faba) but am really interested in the main two.

Has anyone got any info on either as I'm currently fishing Slipe Lane and would like something a bit better.

What should I do?

I must say that the guys at Lee Valley Fishing have been really good at replying to my requests and I can always go and have a chat. But still nice to hear you anglers.

Any advise would be great guys.

Cheers, Gerry

I had a ticket for the meads a few years ago and I have to admit I was a bit out of my depth .

In my opinion it's proper hard and I still wouldnt fancy it much now.

Frankly it scared the life out of me and I think I'll be learning to walk for a few more years yet before I can attempt to run around nazeing.

And that's WITHOUT the crayfish :oops:

Neither choice is easy, I can guarantee it.

Actually I think by just choosing those waters you are limiting yourself as Glen Faba has some good fish in it, but I suppose at 120 acres may seem a tad hard work, but Bowyers also has some big fish.

How are you going to split Nazeing as its effectively 3 waters?

The North is very difficult with access problems around some of the banks, whereas the South and Central is pretty much one water with continual access, and Brackens is a rather hard 2 acre pool.

Unfortunately Lee Valley have separate permits for each of Bowyers, Met, Meads Faba and Ashley making it a pretty expensive year if you fished more than one (each approx £150 pa).

Am going to try and have a look at Met and Meads today if I get time. LV Fisheries have recommended getting on the waiting list for Met first (I think Meads would be available).

As I'm fairly new to Carping it may be worthwhile putting in another year or two on day ticket waters.

Thanks Newmarket for being so honest, food for thought.

So, Meads, Met or Day Tickets. The more I think the harder it gets.

Unfortunately Lee Valley have separate permits for each of Bowyers, Met, Meads Faba and Ashley making it a pretty expensive year if you fished more than one (each approx £150 pa).

Am going to try and have a look at Met and Meads today if I get time. LV Fisheries have recommended getting on the waiting list for Met first (I think Meads would be available).

As I'm fairly new to Carping it may be worthwhile putting in another year or two on day ticket waters.

Thanks Newmarket for being so honest, food for thought.

So, Meads, Met or Day Tickets. The more I think the harder it gets.

Meads is not easy, I know I've been fishing there :wink:

Put it this way, its not a water I would recommend anyone without much experience go onto; a lot of anglers walk away with their tails between their legs, even on the supposedly easy Brackens pool, which due to its size has been heavily pressured, and specific rules make it a bit more difficult. Tickets are usually fairly easy to come by though, due to the number of dropouts each year.

The waiting list for North Met is a case of (I think), fish one of their fisheries first, and then you are likely to get in.

There are a number of Day ticket lakes in the area, of which (operated by LV), Banjo is probably the best.

Just had a walk around a small part of Meads (all in all it's huge) and spoke to a guy fishing it confirming it's difficulty. However you can drive up to the swims and it is quite nice.

North Met pit on the other hand has really poor access from the Cheshunt side. It would mean parking the other side of the level crossing and then carting all your gear across the line going through two awkward gates. I think it would be a right pain unless you were fishing for a long session, plus there are no toilets for miles (not bad if you like digging holes) and it's in a public park.

I think I may need a bit more experience as well, so another year of day tickets and Slipe lane pits will be in order.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...