A12 Cuton Lakes

The lakes are quite popular all year round and i was chatting to the owner yesterday (strangely) and he told me he has fitted "hot water pipes" in the match lake and this year the pipes will be fitted to the other !

I thought that was more than a little stange why he should fit them in a fishery (mmm maybe he is putting fish in that lake, must not freeze up)

But the lakes have one real problem "the noise" comeing from the 3 lane A12 ehich from what i hear can be deffening at night and offcourse the lights from the cars. On the plus point the fish are use to it. Shame about the anglers (you dont get much sleep there).

Yes i gather the fish are good sizes but it does not offer anything that my local fishery doesnt offer. prices are resonable (see there website) .

Its a question of you pay your money and take a chance.

For me i would never fish there like birds green is another place i would not want to fish there either !

"Hot Water Pipes"??

Can see the advantages of it, same as in your pond really the fish will still feed & they will grow fairly rapid as well.

Also when everywhere is shut cause of lakes frozen over this place will be open, one question though how much steam/fog will this create, cannot see the ECC be happy with a small fog patch over the A12!!!

Your local water being Crow Green I presume?

think it works on pumping water into a heated tank then moveing the water through the pipes through a ventilation holes . there you have it warm water to stop the lake being frozen. But there is a problem you need a lot of these narrow pipes (plastic?) to cover a reasonable sized lake. say every 50 feet maybe and right across the width of the lake !

also the water has to be treated so it does not fur up the pipes(hard water area). and hey presto the lake never freezes. ( i bet you could have a bath there also. jacuzzi here we come) looks like april 1st has come early this year.

sorry to say i think its great idea but flawed at the same time . then again i do not have the owners vision ,as this could take off and the start of many fishery owners doing the same thing. But at what cost to the angler?

Can see price of day tickets going up sadly?

But..

1) How many of us Carp Anglers will go fishing in the really cold weather??

2) Will it have an environmental impact?

3) As mentioned before will warm air rising from lake into cold air not create a fog/mist over the A12?

4) At what temperature will the lakes be held at, because if they are a settled temp will the fish not spawn costantly putting them under stress?

There are lots of questions on this subject will be quite interesting if this goes ahead, although did I read somewhere that he does it for the match lake already or have I miss read that...Probably :roll:

Popped over there today for a look, and the match lake is partly frozen so "Hot Pipes" cant be working!!

I couldnt find a single sole in the office, but spoke to a guy who tells me its fishing really well, but then he told me the price...£30 for 36hours...even in Winter...!!! Am I just being a tight.... :roll: