drayton reservior

glyn78

has anyone fished here in the last week ,i believethey have changed the price now as its classed as pike fishing so only a tenner for 2 rods,does this mean its going to fish worse than usual ,been a fewtimes this year too have agood day ,hope to go later this week for the last time this year,any tips on how to fish it best and what sort of rigs and bait

thanks in advance

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=8852

Any use?

Just put a hook in the water and you'll catch, just don't fish up the shallow end...

The shallow end can be very productive, just mainly in warmer weather..

like he said though, just put a baited hook in and you should catch, feeders work well..

I tend to fish the opening to the point on the left hand side and aim for the cone you see in front of you (peg 95 -96 I think)

don't neglect maggot hook bait, just use a large hook and as many maggots as you can fit on to it, as there are perch in there.. small baits work best, try 12mm boilies as a lot of the fish have really badly damaged mouths and the movement in their jaw is restricted, some of the larger fish I have caught (around the 16lb mark) have VERY small mouths for the size of the fish, and are barely able to accept 16mm boilies.

a feeder with a smelly dry ground bait cast often will create a column of attraction as the feeder drops, because the ground bait is dry it'll leak from the feeder early, then after ten or so casts make it a bit wetter so it sinks to the bottom first.

try to avoid very oily pellets as the water will be quite cold.

to be honest though most techniques work as its over stocked and underfed, there are ALWAYS hungry fish that need feeding, especially this time of year!