Broadlands, Hampshire and Peppa Pig

Hello all,

I'm hatching a plan how to get fishing again, having just come back from a weekend in Czech and landing a beauty (carp that is) I've got the bug again. My problem is with two kids under 2 I have to somehow involve them. So, here it is.... Wife and kids go to Peppa Pig Park in Hampshire and I spend the day just a few miles away at Broadands. I checked their website, it looks stunning. It says it's family oriented so I guess people won't mind if kids come and "help" me set up before heading off to their favourite cartoon pig paradise. Or not?? what do you think of this? Also any tips on fishing it? I sort of feel I'm starting from scratch again, It's been a long time... I read a previous thread on Broadlands but there weren't too many responses or it went to private mails - not sure... Anyhow huge thanks in advance for any advice

Cheers

Jeremy

Ha!!! You know all about it... do you also go to work with the theme tune running round your brain incessantly?

... er, but yes you did kind of miss my point - I read threads on Broadlands from 2008 so they're all a bit old now, how's it fishing at the moment? it looks great on the website - can you tell me any more about it?

Ha!!! You know all about it... do you also go to work with the theme tune running round your brain incessantly?

Not the theme tune but the song from this episode which gets repeated all the ruddy time as they have it on Sky Plus

"Not birdy, birdy, woof, woof!" :twisted:

I was just thinking of the bing bong one, I think it's ok - I had to turn the other one off - getting strange looks from my collegues....

We're trying to wean her off peppa especially in the car, so we've got a cd of kids songs - I'm telling you they are so much worse - wheels on the bus, row row row your boat, london bridge is falling down .... I could go in here for while but.....

er, does anyone know much about broadlands!!

ive lived in southampton all my life i have a 2 year old daughter who thankfully isnt a fan of peppa pig

so i can help you with your fishing question

i have fished broadlands a fair few times and have come to find that this lake needs alot of attention and skill

due to the sheer size of the lake its very hard too fish, i once did a 32 hour stint and didnt catch a single carp just eel, bream and tench but none of a size to write home about.

if u want to come to hampshire and fish while the kids are away id suggest ower lake bout 10 minutes from paultons park (peppa pig world)

or one of many of the lakes around romsey. greenridge, is espeacialy a good lake to fish (heading there for 24hr fish this weekend)

hope this helps u with ur quest

got a pass to fish there in the daytime, but having visite it I doubt I will ever use it. I don't like the vibe of the place. too many argos/halfords/asda tents around the water and the guy running it didn't really strike me well.

If you want a days fishing, and peppa pig makes it possible, then go for it.

Incidentally there is a complex of lakes a little north of broadlands towards Romsey, I forget the name, but they do look much more "nice"

• 2 months later...

Ive fished broadlands 3 times all quick overnighters when i drop the missus down her mums in portsmouth for a night.(Always get back for sunday roast tho).Ive had 2 sessions of 1 fish and 1 session of 3 fish.Can get busy but have taken all fish from up against the island apart from 1 that was taken from the near bank.Plenty of fish to go for but does get busy at weekends.All fish have come in hours of dark due to not getting to the lake till about 6 in evening and normally packing up bout 10ish in morning.Wouldnt drive down from hertfordshire just to fish there tho.