rookley country park

We went for a week a few years back has some nice fish and some absolute shockers, the thing that ruined it for us was the owner . His lake his rules but a bit over the top , i have read that since we went he has cut down on the number of swims he will let you fish because of his syndicate.

The site it's self is fine,club house, small pool,food ect and the lake was fine but while Tim is running the show we wouldn't go back , of course it could of been a clash of personalities .

what do you mean about rules john,looked at lake rules seem usual rules to me?

we are booked into the woods and platform but i have booked the bungalow next to the small lake(the wife won't do a week in a bivvy :roll: )so will probably only fish the specimen lake during the day,and a few nights.

Ive fished there a couple of times mate, the owner is a bit of a pleb but never had any trouble with him, its quite hard going but i managed a few out of there to low 20's using tutti pop ups and tutti boilies broke up in bags. Theres a little tackle shop there too if you find yourself in need of bits and they serve a nice pint of guiness at the clubhouse :wink:

If you do get a few hours to go on the other lake theres loads to go at and a good bit of sport on a waggler,, hes got all sorts of odds and sods in there lol. :lol::lol:

Edit: Just remembered mate, if you can squeeze a few hours get yourself over to gunville, theres a really nice little lake there that is hardly ever fished, awesome margins and loads of little places to stalk with some cracking carp in it, ask the pleb in the tackle shop, if memory serves your literally just down the road from it but then nowhere is far on the Isle of Wight!!

haha! cocksure springs to mind!! :wink: yea you will defo have the crack on the other lake mate, they have some right mad looking fish in there with long fins etc, you will get sick of it after a couple of hours lol!

Have a good un mate and if you see bloke resembling Hulk Hogan razzing about on a trike wearing a skull and cross bones bandana say hello to him, hes my dad! :lol::lol:

Theres some cracking crucians in the coarse lake had several over 3lb on a family holiday there a few years back, fishing corn on the waggler right in the margins, also some good tench to 6lb and Rudd too, didnt fish the main lake as it was a family hol, car was full off holiday stuff! Just a coarse rod a net and a few bits with me.

• 2 months later...

enjoyed the week but wouldn't recomend to anyone who hasn't got a bait boat.casting is impossible from most pegs so its all underarm work.zigs are banned and after this weeks weather my first plan of action would have been zigs.3 fish a 20.23 and a 30 came out during last 10days 2 of them to a bait boat and 1 from the only peg that you can actually cast from.

would i go again? not sure bungalow backing on to coarse lake was fine and fishing on coarse lake.but not sure if i would go on big lake again unless i was useing hand lines :lol:

• 3 months later...