NASH RESORTS LAC CHATEAU CAVAGNAC

tryzard

as with any venue there are always problems to deal with unless you go to a clay pit dug in the middle of a feild with no weeds,tree roots and so on ,unfortunatly this is not the case, we are fishing for very large fish in there natural enviroment , would you sugesst david and the team kill all the lillys ,canadian pond weed , pull out all the dead trees and so on ?maybe we should just stay at home and not bother trying to extract the fish from there natrual enviroment?....and just to ad one more point i`ve been once to nashresorts and am currently awating a second trip in may the staff were fantastic ,the lake is fantastic and so on..... ps if you ever get a fish stuck in the weeds again mate dont try and pull its head off !just give it some slack line and they normaly come out, cheers.

hope you realy enjoy it mate i`ll look forward to seeing the pics ,i`ll look that one up on here it mite be one for the future ,cheers.yes barbed now mate but i changed back to barbless mid week and had a 54lb out ,i have my own theories about the whole barbed /barbless thing and weed but we`ll be here for a week on about it so i`ll just keep it to myself before i get a load of feedback/abuse ha ha lol.stay safe 4 now tight lines,or slack as the case may be ,for any one with questions on cavanach by all means email me @ graeme.cuerden1@googlemail.com and i would be happy to answer.

i went last july which was proberbly not the best time to go as it was around 31 c everyday, a little too hot in my book. Food was good as was advice. You wont get anywhere near the lodge swims unless your royality !! Dave nash was on his way over in a few weeks so we had no chance, which was a little unfair as you pay your money and should have a fair choice. The place itself is breathtaking and unless you have been on a 50 acre lake it could be a little mindblowing as to where to start. All the tackle was new except the bivvy we had, , we asked to move which was no problem. I was a little suprised to find the lake itself is leased from a local farmer, so it really is a case of comercial fishing, there is no real incentive for the Nash crew to change things in anyway, as they see it if it works dont fix it. Be careful when you bait up has the cost can run away and be the end of your stay you could well have to remortgage your house just to pay for the bait.!! :shock:

Overall would i do it again, the answer would proberbly be yes, but looking around like for like you could get a much better deal from a smaller venue which the lake is OWNED and not leased.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been three times before, can definately recommend it, not had any bad experiences personally and had fish to 53, last aug had 20+ fish out of the channel swim, biggest 40 and plenty of upper thirties.

in three years going only had one fish with a badly torn mouth and only managed to lose 6 fish last year (out of 24 landed) so don't really get the comments about brutality

If your fishing to pads and weed then as with fishing in the Uk you fish sensibly regardless about what advice you get.

first time I went i'd never used a boat and only lost 2 fish whole trip, you can always fish to open water rather than tight to weed.

if your not used to fishing to lillies or weed then probably not place for you, weed growth was a lot less last year and the lillies have been reduced back a lot

i've only gone in august when it's quiet, so can't comment on how busy it gets or what is like when the place is packed.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I received this message from Ken Townley today.

Its something I knew about, but was unable to confirm or deny due to the Laws of Slander and Libel. It was probably an open rumour to be honest anyway.

Hi NIck,

Well at last it is all out in the open. Nash has admitted knowing that the carp in Cavanagac were stolen and some were even stolen to his order. He has apologised to French angler IN PUBLIC and has also done so on video. In the first part of this link Nash sets out how it came about. I still don't believe all of it, but he has at last admitted his guilt. For so long forum Mods and administrators have had to pussy foot about whenever the subject arose. Nowthe gloves are off and we can say the truth!

You may or may not wish to pass this info on to your members on carp.com

http://www.gncarpe.com/Montlucon_2012/Table_ronde/Table-Ronde.htm

Cheers

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of years ago at the brentwood carp fair nash was there in force ,with videos of there carp holidays.

yes they looked great but the price was well out of my reach !

This is the problem of going on a proper holiday than booking it yourself (through adverts in angling mags).i dont think there fish are any bigger than many other lakes in france and spanish rivers.

Its strange the current world record is taken in germany and not france !

Anglers are now getting bored with france and spain for fishing holidays and looking further afield and cheaper . I gather slovakia and romania ,canada are now the places to go for fishing... And maybe in the future most anglers will turn there attentions to such countries.

This is not surpriseing really the good old days everyone on a family holiday went to spain (60s) then greece and italy yugoslavia and turkey got a huge slice of the action.

• 4 weeks later...

Nash was a regular at the brentwood show for years but sorry to say the prices for me was a little on the expensive side..

think it worked out for the two of us (one non fishing) worked out at about £1200 for a week includeing everything. (bivvy and food etc).

Maybe one day !

we have booked for the three of us (all anglers) with two cabins excludeing food,petrol and hire of large van and gear etc worked out at £350 ( for the three of us) with two lakes to ourselves , at a venue in Britanny in a "runs" water . best carp around 42lbs cats to 100 lbs and some small sturgeon