Orchid lakes Oxfordshire

Im down there tommorow for a few nights for my birthday treat, im gonna try 15m bottom baits with small mesh bags of stick mix,, single freebies scattered all over to get em grubbing about the first night then fish the same spots with pop-ups the second night if i get no joy,, its weedy right now and fishing the clear spots seems to have done the business for a guy last time i was there,, very close in too, about 20 yards out.

From the bit of experience ive had down there, they havent responded to heavily baited areas, hence my approach this time round.

It really depends on the peg you get tbh,, if you fish off the powellys bank id suggest getting out over the weed on the back of the gravel bar that runs along there, that produced for me last time, im aiming to get on the middles/new middles/boards area this time.

This is just my expereince so far there,, hope ive been of some help.

I fished it at Easter,had most of my fish on zigs,few runs on the snowman rig,it was really weedy,I fished RH Snag and next door,you'll have to be lucky to get on middles or new middles,if you phone up the day before he will tell you where is free,you can't book the pegs but if your there early enough you have a chance of getting the peg you want

Crazedcarper,Didnt you try zig rigs while you was there

No mate,, got there mid-day ish, saw fish on the margins of the island so took my time, sneaked some bait over on to margin shelf, inbetween gulls,,coots,,grebes,,swans and just about everything else that could eat boilies lol, then again took time to get my rigs in the exact places i wanted them, as tight to the bushes as poss,, then left early next morning. I saw them cruising the surface first thing in the morning and if i was staying i would of gone to the Zig.

Crazedcarper,Didnt you try zig rigs while you was there

No mate,, got there mid-day ish, saw fish on the margins of the island so took my time, sneaked some bait over on to margin shelf, inbetween gulls,,coots,,grebes,,swans and just about everything else that could eat boilies lol, then again took time to get my rigs in the exact places i wanted them, as tight to the bushes as poss,, then left early next morning. I saw them cruising the surface first thing in the morning and if i was staying i would of gone to the Zig.

cheers for the reply mate

Well run it is definatly mate, the fact you can call for help with snagged fish/birds and a free pic if its 30+ at any time of the day or night is something not offered anywhere that i know of. Im gonna have a crack at the club lake for the cats next time i reckon, i watched a guy land the new lake record at 55lb+ and it looked awesome!