wildmoor waters

hey lads

im doing a 48hr session down there next week with the old man and was just wondering how its been fishing and is there any recomended swims, baits, rigs etc just so i can get an idea of what to do, im not in the huts by the way, just the bivvie.

i have searches post on here but everything is from years ago which is never any good so yeah any comments etc will be good :)

i dont know how its fishing atm, but me and my dad went there for 3 nights last year and he lost one that was pushing 30lb, and i landed 2 fish to 18 lb, but it is a very nice venue with very good facilities so good luck, and i think that you will probaly enjoy yourself :)

* edited for spelling, 21/6/2011

my dad only had one fish off it when we were there and that was the one he lost, and it WILL stink out your bivvy and any other place you keep it, and we think that dad also lost a cat off it coz it tore off down the lake at a stupid speed, around the island before he even got to it, but thats another story, i would take what ever bait youre used to using and take alot of it, around 3-4 kilos, because i was fishing the cell by mainline and caught fish so the one isnt as good as they make it sound. Btw, nearly everyone there usually uses bait boats, so you will have that to contend with. Also, i had some really funny bite times, so be prepared to leave your rods in throunghout the day as i had both of my fish at around midday ( baring in mind this was july and it was boiling hot ) and urmm, i think thats about all i can give you, i cant think of any more you might need to know, if i do, you will know about it asap. As i have already said, good luck and enjoy yourself, its a nice water :)

thank you mate

i've just gone out and bought some hemp a kilo of pellets and a kilo of corn and some ground bait, im buying 2 kilos of the one with matching pellets some more pop up sand some 10mm the one and i got about a kilo of the bait i normally use as well as a selection of other baits just in case, im probably gonna use mainly partical' s and put small spod fills over with pellets and chopped assorted boilie's.

what's the water like, is it weedy, silty, gravel, clay?

many features? underwater? above water?

is it deep, shallow?

are the swims well mapped out and tidy?

do you know if the fish fall for bottom baits, popped up, mid water or on top?

do i have to cast long distance or mid way or is it better to fish close in?

sorry for bombarding you with questions i just want to get as much advise as i can so i cans spend my 48 hours fishing it hard rather then trying to figure out the lake as it may be a once only visit until years on :)

• 2 weeks later...
simple answer is it a pressured water so do not listen to Andy the owner as he is full of it just do what your confident in and do you own thing,

i done tat just how i would approach any other water but Andy is not all that bad and was actually helpful and came over to have a bit of banter after i pulled out two of his 20lbers in on day :wink: