Difference between pop up and chod

ste1984

Hi guys I bet the more experienced guys on here get bored to tears with the word CHOD when it pops up, but anyway here I go :lol::lol:

What is the main difference between a normal pop up rig and a chod, im confused as why you would fish one and not the other and vice versa.

If you was fishing very deep silt then fair enough chod all the way.

Is the main difference the distance you can fish off the bottom ??

Chees guys

Hi guys I bet the more experienced guys on here get bored to tears with the word CHOD when it pops up, but anyway here I go :lol::lol:

What is the main difference between a normal pop up rig and a chod, im confused as why you would fish one and not the other and vice versa.

If you was fishing very deep silt then fair enough chod all the way.

Is the main difference the distance you can fish off the bottom ??

Chees guys

Sliding helicopter set-ups (Chod) in weed although publicised as the "be all and end all" are not necessarily the best option either :wink:

A normal pop-up rig can be fished on any type of presentation, be it helicopter, (fixed or sliding), pendant, (running or semi-fixed) or inline, whereas a chod rig is usually a sliding presentation to present a bait above (its original purpose) the silt.

A paternostered set-up can be better, more indication at the rod end, less risk of snapping up (on a fish or otherwise), and less chance of leaving a tethered fish