your comments please on PENNS HALL owned by fosters of brum

Im looking around this place 2morrow and as its just down the road for me i have never fiahed it or asked much about it. Can you please give me five minites of your time and tell me your honest thoughts on the place i.e fish size/stock, rules, surroundings, members etc

Many thanks

Chris

:lol::lol::lol: sorry thought it was hams hall not pens hall and you still need to speak to carpdotjohn about penns hall as he has just come off penns because there is way to many numpty's peg saving to many lines in water people using bait boats when i don't think there is any part of lake wider than 100 yds tackle thefts about month ago,hams hall much better bet for you

MMmmmm Well i've been and had a look and i have mixed thoughts.

First off a lovely mature tree lined water.

Fish- From what i could see on the surface 2day theres a good head of carp however they did'nt look to be as many twentys as people say (i could be wrong however) mostly mid to high doubles.

BaitBoats- why oh why you need 1 on here is beyond me as leggs says at it widest point i would say no more than 70-80yrds across.

Security-looks pretty good however i did ask the question about the tackle theft as leggs has pointed out, unfortuntly confirmed to be true however Baz did say the first time in 7 yrs he know of this has happened.

Anglers- A few numpties thats correct but they were not saving swims, even worse the 1 lad was around 90yrds away from his rods Bad angling in my book. but to the credit of head baliff Baz he was warned and told he's of if his caught again :)

Altough it seemed very quite and i have to say my knid of lake im going to have to think about this 1 as im not sure its worth the £250.00 :?

Keep your Comments coming please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only fished it once (quite a few years ago) and didn't rate it at all. Three of us fished it and glad there was 3 of us as a group of lads were looking very dodgey at about 1ish in the morning :shock:

We only had the 1 fish and we didn't even hook the fish, hooked the branch it was dragging around :roll:

Would never bother again.

i just gave up a ticket on penns, apart from having a few numpty's it aint that bad a water, i've had a fair few 20's out of there, mostly just scraping 20 tho, also a common just shy of 27lb which i was told was "the big un" in there, however, the other day a mate who renewed his ticket has now been told there is a mirror bigger than that, loadsa doubles, and quite a few pike too,

the bailiff has only just started bailiffing the water as of this year, and unless they had the fence fixed, its down in a few places, pm me if your thinking of joining as i have photos of when it was drained, i got these after my ticket ran outt too ! the tackle what got stolen was in broad daylight too, i was there when it happened, i got a cheaper ticket later on in the year, personally i wouldn't pay 250 for it. oh, 1 last thing, dont even entertain it on the weekend, hope this helps.