carping in norfolk and north suffolk

Well Im in great yarmouth which is almost on the border, I am looking for somwhere that I can go and catch a good few fish rather that sit on the bank for 2-3 days and blank, you know what its like, I dont do that much carping I prefer pike in the winter but its my new years resulution to get out and catch more this year

Norfolk and Suffolk have quite a bit.

Waveney Valley, Yew Tree, Broome Pits, Ditchingham Pit, Weybread Pits Camelot Lakes all around the Bungay, Harleston and Wortwell area.

If you type in any of the above as a Search you should find that they all come up and probably with Contact Details and many on the same threads.

Taverham Mills, Cobbleacre, Shallowbrook and Ringland all around the Norwich area. Again type any of them in as a search and most will come up.

Hope that helps

Nick

Pocohontas lakes

Heachum

4 acre

high 20s plenty of doubles

07788 937338

Cobbleacre

Hevingham

4 lakes (I think)

30s 20s lodza doubles..but watch for the cats

08701 125969

www.cobbleacrelakes.co.uk

Ringland Lakes

Near Norwich

5 lakes various sizes

good for beginers

www.cemexangling.co.uk

Catch 22 u got that one,,It,s brill

Taswood

Norich

8 lakes something for everyone here

But can get busy

Tavernham mill

Tavernham Norwich

23 acres and a bit harder

01603 861014

Waveny Valley u got

thing is here the peeps that stay in the vans get preferential treatment

If you can get to Peterborough

Then Bluebell Lakes 01832 226046

www.bluebell-lakes.co.uk

Wow thanks for that lads, I have heard of many of them but I dont realy know what there like so I will take it on good recomendation to try these out, as for the ones at burgh castle I used to live across the road from Burgh castle fisheries (formaly Greens) and it is a hard water although the back pits are coming on strong if you can stop getting pesterd by the silver fish

Once again thanks everyone

• 2 years later...

Burgh Castle is a nice little water, I had a go when on holiday, shame about the local muppets who don't realise if you fish quietly the fish come in the near margin during the day, I spooked one off of my bait when I stood up for a pee, they just started to come back and feed as the muppets turned up in force=no more fish, slamming bootlids/doors, casting to far margins, snaging recasting, blatantly dropping bait on mine with a baitboat after seeing me bait up there(it's that type of plum that gives us boat users a bad name), one bloke got in a dinghy not much more than 10yds up, rocking the water, placed a bait in the far margin, then walked round to bait up???? why not cast a lead to the far margin and rig it up then place it with PVA and a spare rod???, then sat by caravan making a racket getting lashed etc, p'd me right off, and to think I was worried about taking my 7yr old to a serious carp fishery :roll: , he was a better angler than most of the grown ups.......never again.

Hindaclay, florance lake in norflok. the best lake iv fished in a while. there is loads of singel figuerd carp that dont take lond to bite and a really good head of double figuerd carp as well. i actually caught my first double figuerd carp there the other day and it didnt take long to bite. that was also followed by a 9 pounder a an 8 pounder. i highly reconmend it. the man that owns it is really helpull aswell and you can also buy some bait there to. you do have to use there own pellets tho.