Blue Pool - Telford

i know their been couple threads on this pool, but not much information.

i was thinking about concentrating on this pool this year to see if theirs any hidden gems in their which from other threads seems like there may be. However since i aint fished it before i was jsut looking for some advice from some people who have, baits that you have been using etc etc.

has anybody had any problems fishing the pool aswell?

Thanks

I've seen some nice ones come out over the past few years, i know some mid 20's came out last year, to about 26/27lb and catfish to about 30lb, the car park has improved but still wouldn't leave me car there!

A tip! the holiday inn is next door! leave your car there?!?!?

Aslo, as for trouble, it's not bad anymore, i go regular with my 13 year ols son! and live in hollinswood next to the pool. on a hot day/evening you might get one or two people round having a drink, but shouldn't bother you

Just fish the spots where they cant get down to the bait or fish so close in they are scared to come in and go down on the bait. I fished the Blue for years and never got bothered by the birds. Most of my fish came within two or three rod lengths of the bank, they love the deep margins on the place. Hemp gets them going mental, they cant get enough of the stuff. Tigers over hemp works very well and you dont get breamed out on them. The Blue is a lovely water in the wrong place but once you get your head around the place the fish with the exception of the slate grey and the long common are quite easy to catch. I know it can be hard because of all the people who get around the place but stealth and quiteness are the answer to consistant results off the place. Try and get up mid week when it is a bit quieter and just stick baits in spots you wouldn't normally dream of. Off the cliff where they dive in while swimming there is a small gap in the rocks, the carp always have a mooch in there, just opposite the same spot there is a small swim half way along the small bay by the no swimming sign it is right next to a small tree. In that swim the margins are deep and if you stick one rod well back with the tip only just over the waters edge and place a bait about 3ft out with the line dead slack you can catch from it. I've had big 20s off that swim in the past. Further along that bank you come to the point swim, dont be tempted to stick your rods out to the weed bed put one about 8 yards out to the left in the direction of the little island swim on the far bank. Dont know if there is some sort on natural food spot there but it always produces fish. Farther along the main bank past where the tree came down there are a couple of swims with nice deep margins that also fish well, these are before you get down to the shallows. Like i say lads the margins are where to catch them from on the Blue, just fish quiet and you are half way there.