wanna know how to tie solid pva bags???

papabill

whats your thinking behide such a long hook lenght ,bill :?:

i wouldnt normally use such a long hook length but i know there is a lot of silt on the bottom of the venue i was fishing, and i was thinking once the bag has disolved and got disturbed the balanced bait could settle on the silt rather than in it. i would usually use a shorter, uncoated hooklength though.

the bailiff also told us thaton a clear bottom the fish in there will sit on your lead and eat around it ignoring all the baits close in.

this time however i caught on both short and long. :D

i thought you'd caught on it :wink: ,i never used solid bags,well i did blanked and then they got wet in my box.....never brought any since :lol:

but all iv seen or read suggest short links :? did have a laugh once when a mate coiled a long rig up in one....i told him he best check it in the margin............doing it like your tidying a extension cable doesnt work :lol::lol::lol:

im the same mate, i had only used them once before october last year, and that first time i cast in, the bag hit the water, floated on the surface and then floated off depositing baits nowhere near my rig!!

since then, ive practiced a lot, and now i can tie them pretty quick and quite tidy, i use them all the time now, but you are right about hooklinks, they are normally short for bag work. :D

thats how my mate ash does it, but personally i think there is more residue left by doing it that way, and i wouldnt feel as confident about it staying closed if i was about to pelt it as far as i could.

also did u notice i mentioned about wrapping the pva tape DOWN the knot?

this gives the bag extra tightness.

but each to their own, whatever works for the angler.