Syndicate Waters in Sussex - no specific info required

Hi All,

I've been searching for a syndicate water in Sussex for some time now and have come to realise that people don't give out info on specific syndicates i.e. location, contact details. So, unless anybody wants to give me that kind of info I won't ask!!

BUT, can I ask this, what is the price range for syndicates. If i was to be offered membership to one that was about 2.5 acres had 55 carp, two of which were 30lb+ with the others being at least upper doubles for £300 (only 6 swims) would that be a good price?

Am I likely to get cheaper?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Well I'm in Hove but don't mind travelling. Hastings area would be OK if it was a good water, wouldn't mind going up to the M25 if it was worth it either.

I've heard of that Buckshole reservior but then I heard some bad things about it, very niosy, chavs etc and it put me off. Never heard of the spoon. What/where is that??

yeah, buckshole is a chavhole, best avoided i suppose, spoon is on the top of west hill in hastings (i think) best bet is to call the hastings tackleshops and get the details. (was either redfearns or SH tackle)

your willing to travel, then maybe getting a cemex ticket and hoofing it up the m25 to kingsmead etc? i used to do the wraysbury trip to from hastings, not too bad from hove - reading area is kingsmead after all, hawkhurst fish farm is an option as well, or else get into hants along he m27, lots of clubs/syndicates that way, best thing i get googling and find what you fancy. i'm in dorset now, so out of touch with sussex scene.

ouchthathurt :roll:

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
No mate. I'm thinking of joining Farnham or Portsmouth next season. They've got some special waters. Most of them are over an hour away, but that's not a real problem when you're doing 24-36 hour sessions, and there's junt not much quality fishing round Brighton.

Hi Mate,

Did you have any luck with Farnham or Portsmouth?

I've recently been fishing a lake up near Copthorne that has a couple of 40's in it but am still on the look out for other waters.

No mate. I'm thinking of joining Farnham or Portsmouth next season. They've got some special waters. Most of them are over an hour away, but that's not a real problem when you're doing 24-36 hour sessions, and there's junt not much quality fishing round Brighton.

Hi Mate,

I've recently been fishing a lake up near Copthorne that has a couple of 40's in it but am still on the look out for other waters.

Hello mate, yup, I joined Portsmouth and have been pretty happy with it so far. I did a bit of digging and found that Farnham was a non-starter. They've got so many members that at weekends it's almost impossible to get on their better waters, and even midweek it can be difficult. I didn't want to be in a situation where I drove 60 miles to fish somewhere, only to find I couldn't get on.

Copthorne . . . . .Hunters Lodge, what's the place like?

Hi Mate,

Hello mate, yup, I joined Portsmouth and have been pretty happy with it so far. I did a bit of digging and found that Farnham was a non-starter. They've got so many members that at weekends it's almost impossible to get on their better waters, and even midweek it can be difficult. I didn't want to be in a situation where I drove 60 miles to fish somewhere, only to find I couldn't get on.

Its a really nice place mate, but at only about 1.5 acres has its limitations when it comes to amount of water you can fish. If there are more than 3 swims being used you find yourself limited as to where you can fish. The fish are beautiful in there though, every carp I've seen come out has been in perfect condition and they also have some lovely cats f you're that way inclined. Biggest I've had so far is just under 25lb but they do go to much bigger in there.

Owner is a decent bloke as are all the anglers I've met there. The only problem I've got with the place is that you need to pretty much have it to yourself to be able to fish where you want.

Was there a waiting list for Portsmouth? Any decent sizes in any of their waters?

Hi Mate,

Its a really nice place mate, but at only about 1.5 acres has its limitations when it comes to amount of water you can fish. If there are more than 3 swims being used you find yourself limited as to where you can fish. The fish are beautiful in there though, every carp I've seen come out has been in perfect condition and they also have some lovely cats f you're that way inclined. Biggest I've had so far is just under 25lb but they do go to much bigger in there.

Owner is a decent bloke as are all the anglers I've met there. The only problem I've got with the place is that you need to pretty much have it to yourself to be able to fish where you want.

Was there a waiting list for Portsmouth? Any decent sizes in any of their waters?

PM on it's way