West Lexham Moat?

Hi, Yes it wasn't easy to find - just off the A1065 swaffam to fakenham road I remember. The carp went to 30+ but all the larger fish but one were poached as it was not bailiffed.. theres a few remaining west Lexham fish in the syndicate lake at catch22 the big leather is one - now mid 40's i believe. Also some went into Kingfisher lake at lyng and made 40's there I think before thier demise.. So they were/are a good strain of carp.

Hi, Yes it wasn't easy to find - just off the A1065 swaffam to fakenham road I remember. The carp went to 30+ but all the larger fish but one were poached as it was not bailiffed.. theres a few remaining west Lexham fish in the syndicate lake at catch22 the big leather is one - now mid 40's i believe. Also some went into Kingfisher lake at lyng and made 40's there I think before thier demise.. So they were/are a good strain of carp.

Very interesting,welcome to the Forum...

The fishing at West lexham was only available to those who rented a cottage nearby, I did this with a few friends a number of times as the fishing was quite unique - being a moat, for the area. I've recently moved near to swaffam and am also stuck for a good syndicate or club water this year.. I'll probably head back to Bradmoor lakes as it's just up the road from me. I've fished it on and off for over 25 years now and though it's not the water it once was, it's not all bad. I'd say the noise from the adjacent A47 is the main detraction.. I'd rate it best as a floater water.

• 2 weeks later...