calling any1 who has any info on radipole lake weymouth?

long time ive messaged on here, but need help. ive got to lakes i want to fish this winter, ive got my syndicate, but theres another 70 acre called radipole lake.its in weymouth, ive fished it b4 and we manged out a 32. but no1 has any info or anything? can any1 out there help?

would appreciate the help

regards shaun

• 2 months later...

hi, havnt got any info on radipole lake, but i want to start fishing this lake as i live on radipole lane in weymouth and have been meaning to fish it for a few months now. i have walked round it a couple of times but not seen a thing so was wondering if you had any info at all on where you have fished it before. anything would be a great help. cheers

hi, havnt got any info on radipole lake, but i want to start fishing this lake as i live on radipole lane in weymouth and have been meaning to fish it for a few months now. i have walked round it a couple of times but not seen a thing so was wondering if you had any info at all on where you have fished it before. anything would be a great help. cheers

I have only fished it twice so can't give you too much info but what i do know is that it is not a lake for the faint hearted.

If you are going to fish it then it is a lake that demands a lot of time and effort but if you are prepaired to put the effort in then the rewards are definatly there.

Stock wise i don't think that anybody really knows what it really holds but all i can say is that both the fish i have seen caught have been 30's and i have watched a couple of huge fish that i would say were at least mid 40's with their heads down at the far end of the lake where you are not aloud to fish.

If you don't mind a lot of blanks but with the possibility of a very big uncaught fish or two then it is well worth a look.

If only i lived down that way and i could devote the time to it i feel it needs then it would deffinatly be my target water.

cheers for the reply. have walked around it again last night and picked out a few fishy spots, saw a few bubbles but could not get close enough to see what was causing them. at least now i know that there are fish there, so will definately be putting in some hours on the bank. will let you know how it goes.

long time ive messaged on here, but need help. ive got to lakes i want to fish this winter, ive got my syndicate, but theres another 70 acre called radipole lake.its in weymouth, ive fished it b4 and we manged out a 32. but no1 has any info or anything? can any1 out there help?

would appreciate the help

regards shaun

The following is from the "Get Hooked" guide to angling 2006 so might be out a little as carp size is smaller then what Gidneyboy has caught there.

Radipole Lake, Weymouth, DT4 8TA. 01305 777771

70+ acres, carp to 20lb, eels roach, to 2lb, dace, pike, mullet.

Permits: Reels and Deals, 61b St. Thomas Street, Weymouth

Weymouth Angling Centre, 24 Trinity Rd, Weymouth

Charges: Day-Junior £2, Adult £6, 60 plus £3.

Monthly- Junior £5, Adult £16, 60 plus £10.

Yearly-Junior £12, Adult £38, 60 plus £28.

(prices to increase 2006-2007, so prices out a bit)

SEASON 16TH JUNE TO 14TH MARCH

Methods: 2 rod max, barbless hooks only, no bivvies.

Hope all this helps guys?????????? :wink:

• 2 months later...

thanks guys, group of us are fishing it soon, ive seen a big black mirror, not so long ago, that musta been 40 pounds, the width on the back was impressive, u c i was a member at pallington lakes.but the mystery of radipole is what im aiming 4, theres so much natural food in here, that they could be any weight of fish in here, wen we caught it was in the depth of winter at -7 so they do feed.lol. any info us lot keep in touch, any photos aswell wud be great. thnaks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi lived down weymouth for a couple of years now and have been sea fishing for most of my spare time, but have just dusted off my carp gear and wonderd if you had any luck on radipole and if you had how difficult is it as im used to estate lakes in wiltshire and they tend to be fairly easy, so if you have any info it would be greatly valued

From what i have heard osmington is good aviod warmwell the fish are quite damaged but i have spent a couple of days on a small quiet lake just outside chickerell the owner has told me there are carp up to thirty but i think that is one fish amongst a bucket load of small carp but the fish are pristine and fight like tigers, if you just want to catch small carp all day its ok but i want more of a challange hence why i want to know about radipole.