Anyone fished Lake Laroussi in France?

ianson75

Hi there,

Excellent well run water... Mehdi is a diamond, and a very helpful guy. Listen to his advice and you should do ok. Some fabulous catches been had this last season with a number of 60lb + fish.

You need to find your spots so time spent with a marker rod sill pay you back... I was there recently with Shaun Harrison and he found a nice area after a hour or so markering the area and it produced a big 30 for him....

If you can cast a long way 140 yards plus the single hooker in areas the fish don't normally see a bait can pay dividends too. Shaun landed a lovely 45lb mirror using this tactic during our stay. I have shot a short video clip of this which will be on our website when I've edited it...

tight lines

Gareth

Hi there

You don't draw for pegs but for who gets first choice of peg.... naturally if there are any free pegs and you are not happy with your initial choice, ask Mehdi and you can move.

If you have the lake exclusive and every one is happy to sort it out themselves there is no draw...

It's all to make things as fair as possible.

Tight Lines

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I fishing it at the end of June!

I was in the double swin with my brother! never again.

I caught NOTHING, but I spent time laning his, 52lb, 36lb and 2 14lb, also 46 and 44lb sturgeon.

I spent most of my time striking at nothing, because those sturgeon kept swimming roundmy line!

Well we all had a good laugh, especially Mehdi.

I reccomend it to anyone if they can get in! It's booked up for 90% of next year now and has been for months.

• 5 months later...