Telford - Winter Carp Fishing Help?

sterry

Hello !!

Does any one know of any decent Pools in Telford area which still produce some nice carp in the winter this is my 1st fishing season and really enjoyed going after carp in the summer however i have been struggling now due to the cold weather i have recentley been fishing Ketley Pool and Stirchley pool right next to the housing estate. i didnt even get a knock at ketley and had 2 small carp out of stirchley.

So if any one can give me some advice on which pools to go to and any advice on where to fish and which baits are good at the venues that would be great thanks ....

and if you have any advice on the Wrekin Res that would be great i live right next to it ... love to fish it but never had nothing decent !!

Dandy pool at little dawley or apley pool are good choices for winter fishing. Loads of carp in both pools which are easy to catch. Just use simple rigs with small pva bags and you will catch a few. The swan pool at little wenlock contolled by Rod & Gun tackle is also worth a visit, tickets from the shop before fishing though.

When you say stirchley pool do you mean the one by the leisure centre if so there isn't many carp in there and the waters above are a better bet for you.

Jez

Thanks Jez ! ... i live in little Wenlock so Duncans pool just round the corner ! .... and yes the pools at stirchley by the leisure center been fishing their for about 2 weeks had loads of Tench out average 5lb and i had 2 cracking carp runs from the weeds on the right of the pool but couldnt land them since as soon as i struck their half way thru the weed bed. that was just on double corn however i went last thursday and had buga all !!!

Do you have any info on Wrekin Res ? never caught carp out of their but it is the pool i like to fish most. and any prices which Rod and Gun Charge for their Wenlock pool ?

Sterry

Duncans waters are £5 a day. You will struggle to land the carp at stirchley as they nearly always make the reed bed, better to not hook them than to leave rigs in them.

Wrekin res is now a club water i believe with no day tickets (might be wrong though). There used to be loads of carp in there that were easily catchable on simple rigs and baits. When i fished it i used 2 bait stringers with small yellow pop ups as bait. If you used pellets all you would get was bream. There used to be a few 20s in the water but i'm not sure whats in there now as it's a few years since i fished it.