my write up for lake genesis. with a few pics

Gaz

We arrived at genesis at about midday on the Monday to be greeted by Eddy and Val with a nice hot cuppa, some croissants and a lot of rain. after a quick chat about the lake we had a walk round and what a lake it is, 12 acres completely surrounded by trees and a couple of grated outlets at one end and a big willow in one corner and a couple of big carpy looking bays that just cried out fish.

The lake has 6 double swims and some singles but a max of 6 anglers at any one time leaves plenty of room to fish. ) swims 1,2 and 5 you can drive to and drop your gear off and then park in the car park, swims 3 and 4 Eddy will take your gear round for you so you don’t need a barrow. Nets weigh slings and unhooking mat are supplied to help stop the spread of disease which imho is a great idea.

After a chat about where to fish we decided on swim 1 (coincidence that it was by the toilet, shower and dining area lol) we baited up along the far margins and put a couple of baits on it really excited about the week ahead. Within a few minutes I had a small common of just under 15lb which was quickly weighed klinik applied and returned. Rod back out and sat down for a chat and another cuppa and admire what is probably the best looking water I have ever fished.

Plenty of liners which told us the fish were on the bait and a few mid double commons and mirrors came to the spreader block then I had a low 20 mirror cracking looking fish which probably had never seen a hook before as not only was there no obvious signs but the lake only opened for fishing last july so believe me even the mid doubles went like demons.

About 6 o clock rods in and dinner was served (roast pork and all the trimmings) val is one hell of a cook. Couple of small beers and back to the water for some more fish.

The first night was a bit quieter than we expected but still had some mid to high doubles on the bank.

9 am breakfast is served and it was a proper English one and so welcome, After breakfast had a quick walk then back to the swim rods in and under the brolly to get out of the rain which has not stopped.

Second day sees yet more mid to high doubles with another low 20 mirror and again not a mark on it. The first couple of days (up until Thursday morning) it has done nothing but rain but the fish are still having it just not the big ones that are in the lake 2 of which I was desperate to have after seeing pics of them on the website and in the dining area.

We fished from Monday afternoon till 9am Sunday morning with as said rain till Thursday morning but still managed over 450lb of carp between us with 7 20s and the rest mid to high doubles and a koi of 13lb 8oz with fantastic scales along it’s back. The very last fish I had was a common just under 21lb and ash had a mirror for his last fish just over 20lb which considering we was gonna bring the rods in half hour earlier was a right result lol.

I must say considering the rain for 2 and a half days then a sudden change i think we had a great few days fishing.

I am looking at going back next year with my wife as eddy and Val were very welcoming and helpful and the lake was just an amazing place to be.

Unfortunately we didn’t hook into the bigger fish but It has just made me more determined to go back next year and try again.

If anyone is looking at going to France for some really good fishing and a very chilled atmosphere then you will be hard pressed to find somewhere better than genesis I can tell ya.

all but 4 of the fish came to home made fishmeal based boilies with a hint of scopex. eddy feeds the fish up with fishmeal pellets which you can purchase from the fishery.

To sum it up this is perfect water for a first trip to France or for the more experienced carper that wants to fish a friendly water with no problems apart from looking at a beautiful water with some stunning fish and great hosts.

http://www.genesis-carpfishery.com/home.php

17-1.jpg[/img][/i]

16.jpg

[/img]15.jpg

14.jpg

[/img]13.jpg

12.jpg

[/img]11.jpg

10.jpg

[/img]9.jpg

8.jpg

[/img]7.jpg

6.jpg

[/img]5.jpg

4.jpg

[/img]3.jpg

2.jpg

[/img]1.jpg

Its deffo a place on my list for the future(when the fish get a bit bigger :lol: )

A friend of mine lives close by and I go over and fish with him at least 2 or 3 times a year.

Were always looking out for new venues to have a go at.

Eddie if you read this,you bought his Mitsibushi 4x4 off him :D

Sounds like you had a great time gaz,nice report mate respect-055.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fella's

It was a shame the weather didn't behave but thats fishin for ya, Garry and Ash did well all things considered .Sometimes you have to work at it other times they seem to fall in your lap, one can never tell whats going to happen. Thats when your fishing skills come into thier own, Gaz and Ash worked hard and got some rewards .Good job done lads. Nice report too,thank you ....

Hey Chinky

yes your right I did buy Marks Mitsi , He is up for a visit here some time

in the near future .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

we are going to genesis lake in about 4 weeks i was wondering if you could give us a bit of info. 1 how long did it take to drive there. 2 did you have any probs with crayfish. also any tips on baits and rigs we were thinking of taking icelandic red and cell as our bait along with pellets and particles.

hi mate, i didnt have problems with crays at all. i think it was about 4 and half hour drive but cant remember for sure. as for baits most of mine came on home made scopex but maize is a good bait over there as are carp pellets as thats what they are fed with. i all honesty it is a fantastic looking lake with some lovely fish and a great welcome. i fished the double swim nearest to the shower block (lazy lol) fished onto the far bank which is about 70 to 80 yrds. all my takes came on bottom baits. good luck and have fun as i am sure you will mate

• 1 month later...
Some stunning fish there Gazmeesh. After reading your report me and the boys are going to book up for next year. When you say 4.5 hours for the drive was that from Calais?

Excellent report by the way. Cheers :D

yes mate calais (i think lol) i really enjoyed my week and eddy and val are superb hosts. as said great food and spotlessly clean toilet/shower. you wont regret it mate

hi their we have just returned from genesis and i can highly recommend it. between 4 of us we had 3365 lb of fish out which included nearly a 100 x 20lb plus fish its an awsome venue. eddy and val are really nice people and cant do enough for you. the food is spot on and the place is really well looked after. it is about 240 mile from calais about 4 hours drive. give the place a go its spot on.

regards

cromusdomus

Cheers Cromusdus,

Wow, thats some fishig I bet you needed a holiday afterwards :lol: Thats the sort of stuff dreams are made of!

It wil be our first time in France, would you guys recommend it for French virgins?

Cheers

for sure mate, so welcoming and plenty of decent fish

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived on Saturday the 7th of May 2011 to be greeted by Val and Eddy. We were given a sincere warm welcome and treated to Val’s home made chocolate cake and fresh coffee.

Eddy’s wealth of knowledge for carp fishing soon became apparent as he took a great deal of time to explain the pro’s and cons of each swim.

We set up in swim’s one and two and after a couple of hours we’d already had two on the bank, a cracking 22lb mirror which fought like a demon and a 17lb mirror which also went like a train.

This set the tone for the next four days with a total of 7 twenty’s and a host of hard fighting mirrors, commons and Koi being landed. It’s fair to say that only our inexperience (and falling for buying cheap terminal tackle on EBAY!) prevented us from getting a 30 on the bank as we hooked into a good few. Bait wise the carp fell from anything from pop up pellets to standard scopex boilies.

So the fishing was out of this world and surpassed all our expectations.

Fishing aside, the service offered by Eddy & Val turned a great fishing experience into an unforgettable holiday. The home cooked food each night from Val was spectacular, always accompanied with a glass of wine and desert. Eddy always offered friendly help, be it repairs to our troublesome bait boat or tips for our terminal tackle.

Even the facilities were tip top, from the shower block and dining area through to the well maintained bivvy areas.

We were so impressed that we’re already looking to organise another trip to Genesis next year.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this venue to anyone looking to travel to France for a memorable trip away. 10/10! :P

Simon & Graham.

The week of 7th to 14th May saw two anglers Alan and Gerrard fishing swims 2 and 5, Gerrard taking 18 carp to 20 lbs followed by 21 from 20 to 30lbs and 7 from 30 to 38 lbs , including a PB of a 30lb common.

Alan in swim 5 who had 28 carp to 20 lbs and 21 from 20 to 30 lbs

:D:D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...