how long are your rigs

crafty44carp

one of my fav.rigs is a 2 1/2 inch rig fished with a pop up straight from the lead,its cought me many a carp,when my traditional 8-10 inch rig has sat quiet,my theory is that longer rigs can be picked up and move far more without bite indication,however,short rigs only realy work well on clear bottoms,or just light litter

i use 8 to 10 inches long for good results

The Majority of Anglers at the Moment are using rigs between 6-9inches long. Just being different and fishing longer or shorter than the "Usual" can cause the Carp some confusion.

Short Rigs work best over Beds of Bait or Bags where the Carp is hoovering up the Bait and you need to make them run to get some indication :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i tend to use 4''-6'' links, then adjust them to suit the hookhold, if im getting hookpulls or poor hookholds, i tend tolengthen them by an inch at a time untill the hookhold improves. i tend to try and use the hooklength for the situation, rather than rely n haing the same set lengths for everything.

:roll: