Pine Pool, Kingsbury

A couple of guys from work and i are heading over to Pine Pool this coming weekend.

I've read that it can get quite weedy so was just wondering if anyone's been on there recently and could offer any info on the state of play on this pool.

From searching the forums (and elsewhere) it looks ideal for what we need - not too hard but the chance of a decent fish, and facilities close by (the others are bring their eldest boys, mines only 3 so he's staying at home with Mum!!).

I've never fished in weed before (at least not knowingly) so am reading up on tactics for weed - are there clear spots to look for with the marker and target?

lastly, one of the guys I'm going with is vastly more experienced than me and I'm keen to take his money, so any tips on hot pegs/tactics?

I wouldnt ask jason..hes a noddy :wink::lol::lol::lol:

If you after some mid doubles and a possible 20 then go on peg 8 and cast to the far right margain to the over hanging tree. and you WILL pick up a couple of fish but they tend to be smaller,

If you fancy a bit of surface fishing then any of the points will do, feed ALOT of doggies ( i tend to go through 5-7kg most session on there)

Most of the points will produce fish if you chuck it out to the gravel patches and stick out 20-30 boilie around it.

Also try a bit of stalking as these do produce alot of fish also, a good place to try is the first point on the left hand side, there is some Large sedge on a kind of island , about 10 yards out fish just before this its about 2-3ft deep but alot of fish do patrol here, Zigs are also worth a try..

Anything else you need to know?

ill mirror what penkers said,,

but ill add that since its a weekend chances are it will be stitched up with lines,and loads of bait will be going in, so maybe look in the quiet corners away from the crowds, but dont lash the water to a foam casting or spodding all the time, little bags wil do fine

its not an easy water so dont expect to be bagging, however i wouldnt class it as hard, and aslong as you do things right you will catch, its usually the people that fish it that ruin it for themselves

theres plenty of clear spots,,but leave the marker in the rod bag!!! most of them are visable,

but one of the biggest tips is dont be afraid to fish into the weed with solid bags

Definetly, And DONT ignore the margains, all of my biggest fish theere have came within 10 yars on the bank

And be very carefull of the birds,if the moorhens see you putting bait in they will wipe out even bottom baits in no time at all,if the seagulls see you putting mixers in they will be on you in a flash..lol

Never had any problems with the moorhens but the seagulls can be a pain, If fishing on the surface fish the beachcaster and they stay well clear.

Oh and try the cell :wink:

Thank you all for your input!

Been a change of plan, and we're not going to Kingsbury this weekend, as it's the w/e where it's open for night fishing and they've taken a lot of bookings for that so will be even busier on Sunday with the guys left from overnight and the crowds for the day session (we can't get there early so have been advised we may not find a peg free!).

Going to try somewhere else instead (venue TBC). We can't not go after all three of us have obtained sign-off from our respective other halves :wink:

We've all now started the sign-off process for the next night session at Kingsbury :wink:[/b]

Do I take it it isn't worth £40 then?

Just with most places costing £20/£25 for 24hrs and circa £12 for a day ticket, the 36 hours (ish) hours on Pine for £40 is only really £10 over-priced (although in % terms that's a big hike I suppose).

I was thinking that for a venue that can only be night fished 4 nights of the year paying a premium was offset by the fact that the fish ought to be "off guard" (if you see what I mean).

Also, as you guys seem to be knowledgeable and local, I may as well ask:

I'm thinking of sorting out some midweek overnight sessions (much easier to sell to my wife), these would have to be quite close to Coventry so I could:

-get the session started at a sensible time

-not have to travel too far

-be awake and packed up at a reasonable time (not 5am!!) to get into the office at a reasonable time (8am ish to get showered for the day ahead)

As I'd be at work the day after I'd rather not catch too many (sounds daft I know) in order to get enough sleep to still be able to function, so focus on size/quality is very much my thinking.

Are there any venues that spring to mind?

Very riggy fish in pine mate the water is like tap water,crystal clear and it takes a while to learn the water,i struggled for over a month before i started catching...great place though and worth giving it a visit, nice watching twentys swimming under your rod tips..even if they wont take your baits :)

Very riggy fish in pine mate the water is like tap water,crystal clear and it takes a while to learn the water,i struggled for over a month before i started catching...great place though and worth giving it a visit, nice watching twentys swimming under your rod tips..even if they wont take your baits :)

To learn there in a month is good going, i know people who have been fishing it every other week and some of them haven't caught in over 2 years!!

But once you crack it it can be a easy water at times..

And the 20s under the rod tip aree a nightmare :L:L

There so frustrating :L:L

One of the most frustrating waters for miles, purely because of how clear the water is, so you can see what's going on.

But on it's day it can be amazing, I spoke to a bloke down there a few weeks back that hadn't caught in 18 trips this year, yet last year he was having them for fun..

Stunning fish though, and well worth the effort

I have already posted these in another Pine Pool thread, but as you can see the results are there for the taking.

I don't think it is overly riggy water, just keep it simple, fish into the weed, not the clear spots and keep you line pinned down, and fish very slack....

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_097.jpg

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_111.jpg

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_110.jpg

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_103.jpg

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_106.jpg

Big Bream aswell.....

MAR_10_0665_OUT_UNCLASS_122.jpg

you're joking Stehol, when my mate called them they said "space was severely limited" ?

So we thought that a Sunday session wasn't going be any good due to lack of swims and the pressure overnight.

Gutted we didn't give it a go.

Arrrggghhhh. Annoying. never mind. there's always next time.

Personally, I would take a 5lb Tench over the 5 to 7 lb fish we had at Makins (although, to be fair, Mark did pull out a 16lb 2oz lump).

Will convince the guys to book on the next night session at Kingsbury, what are the chances of talking our way into a few quid off for booking 3 tickets well in advance?

you're joking Stehol, when my mate called them they said "space was severely limited" ?

So we thought that a Sunday session wasn't going be any good due to lack of swims and the pressure overnight.

Gutted we didn't give it a go.

Arrrggghhhh. Annoying. never mind. there's always next time.

Personally, I would take a 5lb Tench over the 5 to 7 lb fish we had at Makins (although, to be fair, Mark did pull out a 16lb 2oz lump).

Will convince the guys to book on the next night session at Kingsbury, what are the chances of talking our way into a few quid off for booking 3 tickets well in advance?

Not worth it mate!

40 quid.. from sat mornin till sunday night..

£4,50 a day. there for £9 for 2 days... Ylu can fish from 4:30am to 11pm.. there fore for 5hr 30mins that doesn;t see many fish caught your paying £31