Rushes lake

jbroomfi

i'm going in sept and have been told they like a lot of food and to take 20-30kilo of bollie's and 15k of pellets but ask the owner she is on his site under the name mrsrusheslake i'm sure she would be happy to give you the info if you pm her

20-30 kilo of bollies for 1 week for one!!!

Am I missing something have I been doing something wrong?

When I was into match fishing (bigtime) groundbait what we Carp anglers call feed was used to attract the fish into your swim and to get the fish to feed and was not intended to feed the fish. As fast as it went in it would come out lol. The idea was the fish finding your groundbait would then find your bait.

I still use the same principle when Carp fishing and feed is a lot cheaper than bollies.

I have never used more than 5 kilo of bollies in a week on any water in France or the UK but have gone though on average in France about 30 kilo of feed.

hi Iain @rusheslake here

most of our anglers use around 5k of boilies in a week

oh how I wish they would all throw 20-30k in, my fish would love it and get fat..lol

seriously though, 5k is plenty, backed up with some maize/hemp/pellets as feed.

Preferred baits are Trigga/Trigga Ice, or our own locally made baits.These are quality fishmeal based boilies, made fresh to order at 45 euros a 5k bag delivered here and ready for you on arrival. We can also supply Baitcraft T1 at 10 euros a kilo. Hemp/maize/partiblend is also available here, just need a weeks notice if you need particles.

Nice to see a bit of honesty from a lake owner for a change instead of you need loads 30kg for a weeks fishing. Last year on Rushes i used about 15kg but no particles or pellets. Reason for this and i know Iain knows how i fish is that i feel the boilie only approach sorts out the better fish with less interuption from the smaller fish. Now i know others have done very well fishing over pellet and particle on the water so perhaps i'm a bit blinkered in my approach but it works for me. Rushes is a water that responds to a methodical simple approach, use decent rigs and a decent bait and just keep the swim topped up and you wont go far wrong. One thing i have found on the water is that it responds to having a little rest with no lines in from time to time, always give them a bit of grub before tea and have your rods ready for a quick recast ie. baited up and pva bags tied ready to go straight after tea. Numerous times i have had 2 or 3 good 20s on the bank within minutes of getting back to the swim after tea.

I think it comes from most venues in France have a much higher stock level and bigger fish than those in the UK and the disbelief that therefore you will need huge amounts of feed and bait to catch them. Having said that and it depends on the venue and conditions I have found you tend to have to keep putting more feed in because they will gobble it all up being there are higher numbers of fish.

But as Iain agrees and said in his post 5kilo for bollies and 30kilo of feed should normally keep you catching all week.

But always ask when you get the the venue.......they will know what has been working

Counting down the days to our trip now, must get the gear sorted new line etc loaded on the reels. The place owe's me a decent cat so this year that's one of my main targets along with a 35lb+ carp. Also going to try and catch a 20 on the float as that would be fun :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...