longbridge lakes ,romsey.

hi bluearmycarper, i take it that from the name you are from skatesville, dirty pompey git!!!!

i live about 4 miles from this water in glorious southampton, land of the kings!!!!

on a serious note this water is fairly easy as it has been stocked recently with loads of pups but they have got quite a few 20's in there as well to keep it exciting.

my mates down there at the mo and when i spoke to him at 5pm he had already pulled out 9 fish in 8 hours so its fairly easy.

the best place to pull em out from is just infront of the island you have 2 blue aireators about 2 metres out from the island, if you cast between them running the width of the island 2 metres out then you will catch. you will see them jumping out anyway.

the best swim is the big double swim which has a bench in it, you can cast to the island from there without crossing anyones swims and there is loads of room to bivvy up.

if you go down in the week its fairly quite but it can be packed at the weekends so its best to phone the baliff on 07973523358 to book for the weekend. he only allows up to 8 anglers overnight as well. there is a portaloo there but nothing else. watch out for the skanky polish who come through the woods as well, they usually run off when we go over to them to tell them to [censored] off but we always take tools with us just in case they get rowdy.

apart from that its a good lake, not very big but well stocked. tight lines skate :D

what a great fun lake that is,

i've had days there were i've had to reel in for a drink as it's been such fast action, as soon as a pva bag hits the water carp attack it IF you put it in the right place! :wink:

as already mentioned the best swims are the ones facing the island, but get it CLOSE as close as you can as it cuts under.

as boilies are banned, i used 14mm halibut pellet drilled on the hair, with a small pva stocking net bag of mixed size pellet, tho at night to slow down the action from small carp stick out a 22mm pellet as this will just get you the double figure fish and allow you some sleep (well it worked for me)

the grass carp love surface baits down there, and have been seen taking leaves off the surface, tho lunching meat in the margins work very well for them also.

my best fish from there was an 18lb 8oz ghosty

18lb8ozghost18thfeb2005.jpg

tho i only fished the place for a couple of months tops and on my last trip john had just stocked 6 20's to join the already large amount of fish in there.

ask john the bailiff about tactics when he comes round, he'll help you out (very nice chap)

best of luck baz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry wouldnt know myself how to desribe. All i know is that if you find yourself on millbrooks main road/fly over your not to far from there. I recommend you ask for directions from there through the bailiff.

Just done a nights fishing at Longbridge myself landed 23 fish over the 24 hour session. 3 Bream, 4 gd sized tench and 16 carp. My biggest fish was 15.5 mirror not bad. See bigger come out though.

Could anyone recommend any gd carp lakes not too far from Longbridge/Southampton that i could fish on either a 24 hour or a day ticket as i am becoming a bit bored of fishing the same lake over and over again?

Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

Guest andypalf

Have a look at Broadlands Lakes mate. It's close to Longbridge, search the forum and you'll find plenty of info. They've also got a website, just google them.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi

Yeah have looked up broadlands having heard much good news about it though. 1 group of 3 arrived at Longbridge and had just got back from a 48 from there and had apparently caught nothing going by what he baliff told me anyway.

Have you fished it yourself recently then? Would you know how it is fishing?

Thanks

Guest andypalf

I've never fished Longbridge but I'd imagine the bailiff will be the best person regarding information on how it's fishing. Don't forget that some carp are spawning or have just spawned depending on the lake so it's possbile the group you know of happen to be there when the carp weren't feeding.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

i'm off there for the first time on the 21st of this month..

my mate rang the owner and was told £10 for a day ticket.. 7am til 7pm

no boilies allowed, may have some more info later as my mate needs to ring them up again for something else before we go

almost ended up going to mopley, however recently heard its nowhere near as good as the owner made out when i spoke to him

YER THERE A FEW

GREEN RIDGE-£5 a day ticket

BROADLANDS not to sure on the price

WHIN WHISTLE-£8 dayticket

HEADLANDS (carpand pike) 5-day ticket

WITHERINGTON JUST OUTSIDE SALISBURY £4 day ticket

hope that these are some use to u is there any that u no of in or near southampton because ive fisheed all of these and looking for a new place

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...