OTHER VENUES AROUND THE STAFFS AREA FOR A GOOD SESSION

Hi folks,

:D Im new to the forum and i would like to know if any of you can help me find new venues around the TAMWORTH OR THE STAFFORDSHIRE AREA. I know of the Riddings,Cuttle mill,Bonehill,Fisherwick,Kingsbury but im looking for somewhere to do a session with a few mates that holds a decent number of fish around low doulbles to thirtys :wink: ! CAN YOU HELP?

Many thanks to you all CHRIS

i'm from tamworth. there ent many good waters round here. unless the cuttle mill comercial scene is your thing. i make the journey to yately every week. if your not up for that i'd recomend burton-mutual ac and fish a lake on their ticket called branston water park. a bit pit with about 200/250 carp. mostly 20's with 11 known 30's (but watch the dog walkers) or abit further a field is saphire lake's in nottinghamshire.

also not many people fish the birmingham fazely canal. loads a carp in there

i'm from tamworth. there ent many good waters round here. unless the cuttle mill comercial scene is your thing. i make the journey to yately every week. if your not up for that i'd recomend burton-mutual ac and fish a lake on their ticket called branston water park. a bit pit with about 200/250 carp. mostly 20's with 11 known 30's (but watch the dog walkers) or abit further a field is saphire lake's in nottinghamshire.

also not many people fish the birmingham fazely canal. loads a carp in there

Thanks for the repsonse Dave i'm from Tamworth too.

I know about Branston water park the only problem being there is a waiting list i was told and you can't fish all of the lake. We know about the big carp in the canal and will be giving it a good go this year. Have you tried it up at Fradley juncation there's loads up at the mucky duck (black swan inn) my mate had one over thirty a fews years ago so it's worth a try yourself.

Have you more info on saphire lake's? also don't seem to recall yately where is that?

Thanks again Chris

there's no waiting list for branston and you can fish all the lake. however, you do have to be in the club for a year until you can have a night permit. in my first year i still bivvyed up but told the bayliff that i'd real in before dark. (they do check)

yately is in reading by london. 120 miles away. about 10 lakes.

google search saphire lakes. its in newark notts. some good lumps in there mate.

if you find any decent one's mate let me know