I NEED A NEW RIG

robaldinho

simple knotless knot rig mate simple but very effective and if you add some shrink tubing it will icrease the hooking potential of the rig. no offence mate but i doubt the rig is the problem unless your fishing into deep silt or weed. but if your looking to hide your hooklink then try flourocarbon near enough invisible. what rig are you using now

simple knotless knot rig mate simple but very effective and if you add some shrink tubing it will icrease the hooking potential of the rig. no offence mate but i doubt the rig is the problem unless your fishing into deep silt or weed. but if your looking to hide your hooklink then try flourocarbon near enough invisible. what rig are you using now

sorry to be a bit pedantic but i've got fluorocarbon... i use it for a few of my stiff rigs... and i use the knotless knot rig for quite a lot of my fishing... i meant just a rig to try out... any ideas...

sorry to be a bit pedantic but i've got fluorocarbon... i use it for a few of my stiff rigs... and i use the knotless knot rig for quite a lot of my fishing... i meant just a rig to try out... any ideas...

depends really mate how your fishing but the withypool rig is good and i doubt the sunlight will matter in about 12foot of water which is the average depth of my lake. but even though its invisable to us it might not be to the fish

SOS...SOS...SOS...Can someone please help me... i need a tried and tested rig the will help present my bait well on the bottom and is hidden from the fish... thanx in advance

Easy Answer!

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22183

Basic Rigs thread. From those Basic Rigs the Majority of more complicated rigs can be made. The easiest things to change if you are having hooking problems are the Hair length or rig length.

I think all of the Rigs above are made using the Knotless Knot, and that includes the Line Aligned rigs.

If you are suffering Hookpulls or hooking at the extremity of the lip then there are a Couple of possible reasons:

1) Your Hooklink is to stiff.

2) Your Hair is too short

3) Your Rig is too short.

Possible Answers to above

1) Change from a Mono/fluorocarbon to Braid

2) Buy a wig :lol::wink: . Seriously increase the length of your hair on the hook

3) Increase the Length of your rig.

If you are deep hooking fish or you can see that the hook has cut from the back of the mouth down to the Lip, then there are again a couple of possible answers:

1) Your Rig is too Long.

2) Your Hair is too Long.

3) The hooklink material may be too soft.

Possible Answers

1) Shorten the length of your rig.

2) Shorten the Hair length, get a Hair cut! :wink::lol:

3) Maybe a switch to Mono or other Nylon based Hooklink.

If you are catching successfully then why change? You should be able to compare your results as to the Other Anglers on the Water.

The Rig itself is not the only thing that may be at fault. Yours and the other Anglers Baiting Situations may be creating wary Fish.

i.e if they are all spodding or piling in loads of bait then the Carp may associate Large Baited areas with Danger. Conversely if everyone is fishing with just bags or single Hookbaits then the Carp may be wary of a Bait on its own.

Its when everyone is fishing single Baits that you may find the need to change a rig, but just by fishing with more bait in the area you could create more Catchable Carp :wink: