Questions on taking my gear back to the UK

G'day All,

Well, my Australian fishing odyssey is over and I am returning to the barmy shores of Blighty....not. The weather I've missed hey?!

A question if I may......

As I had to follow a lot of rules to get my carp gear into Australia ie. cleaning of rods, reels, new line etc...I'm wondering where there is information on what I have to do to get my gear back into the country(UK)? Had a look on Customs and directgov but can't find any reference to fishing equipment? In fact most of the governent sites are very confusing!!!25

So what do I have to do, do I declare my gear or just waltz on through? Any advice more than welcome as I fly out from Oz Tues night UK time?

Cheers,

Ben

G'day Mate,

I am in fact Australian but have lived in the UK for the past 4 years and will for the foreseable future. I'm in Blackheath, London. Not that far away really. Did you manage to wet a line in Oz? I had a cracking time and made some very nice captures. All will be revealed at a later date. Also representing Australia this year alongside Andy(Katfish/Niblet) at the World Carp Classic.

Glad you enjoyed down under. different aint't it?!!:wink:

Take it easy,

Ben

G'day Mate,

I am in fact Australian but have lived in the UK for the past 4 years and will for the foreseable future. I'm in Blackheath, London. Not that far away really. Did you manage to wet a line in Oz? I had a cracking time and made some very nice captures. All will be revealed at a later date. Also representing Australia this year alongside Andy(Katfish/Niblet) at the World Carp Classic.

Glad you enjoyed down under. different aint't it?!!:wink:

Take it easy,

Ben

Ben

Is that the WCC in France or the one in England at Brasenose, part of the Linear fishery. As i will be a Marshall on the England one....

As yes Oz is superb for Carp Fishing, had a few good twenties on my last trip but have been invited to a nice little place that i have seen with a few upper thirties and maybe even a forty in, can't wait to get back...

G'day All,

Well, my Australian fishing odyssey is over and I am returning to the barmy shores of Blighty....not. The weather I've missed hey?!

A question if I may......

As I had to follow a lot of rules to get my carp gear into Australia ie. cleaning of rods, reels, new line etc...I'm wondering where there is information on what I have to do to get my gear back into the country(UK)? Had a look on Customs and directgov but can't find any reference to fishing equipment? In fact most of the governent sites are very confusing!!!25

So what do I have to do, do I declare my gear or just waltz on through? Any advice more than welcome as I fly out from Oz Tues night UK time?

Cheers,

Ben

Just turn up mate - they let any one and any thing in over there, alledgedly!

[if you'd have brought a few big Aussie carp with you, you may have got someone to pick you up!]

hi sorry you never took me up on my offer for a fishing trip in sydney.perhaps another time.i have no doubt you went well anyway.you wont catch much in the pond in blackheath,i used to sail boats there.anyway good luck & tightlines macbilly or johnmaka

I am sorry mate, the trip was pretty hectic to say the least. I've followed your posts and know you probably have some hidden gems up your sleeve around Sydney. Rest assured I will be back very soon. It has certainly wetted my appetite for Aussie carping and there are truly beautiful fish about! Ah, that pond...wondered in my beginnings if there was anything in there. Then found Danson Park for my quick afternoon fix.

Nash, I'll be fishing the main event in France in Sept. Didn't get myself a twenty unfort but an upper double and some nice Koi certainly kept me entertained!!

In KL now with the trip home tomorow avro. Fricken hot and muggy, looking forward to getting back and getting my spring campaign underway. Got a couple of waters in mind all in London, I do like the urban carping. The wild carping back home will always draw me back though!!!

danm1, from the looks I won't have any probs getting my gear back in. The looks and questions I get when carting my bazooka are hysterical! Gotta love fishing adventures!!!

Cheers,

Ben

YOU DID IT ALL WRONG HOW DARE YOU TAKE YOUR CONTAMINATED GEAR BACK TO UK.WE NEEDED IT.DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT WHEN I INVITED YOU TO FISH A SPECIAL SPOT ON THE MIGHTY HAWKSBURY RIVER IT WAS PART OF A DARSTA RDLY PLOT TO GET YOUR FISHING GEAR .SO BEWARE WHEN YOU RETURN I WILL BE WAITING .TONBRIDGE FISHING CLUB IS YOUR BEST SHOT IF YOU ARE AT BLACKHEATH.TELL THEM JON SENT YOU.TIGHT LINES MACBILLY

YOU DID IT ALL WRONG HOW DARE YOU TAKE YOUR CONTAMINATED GEAR BACK TO UK.WE NEEDED IT.DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT WHEN I INVITED YOU TO FISH A SPECIAL SPOT ON THE MIGHTY HAWKSBURY RIVER IT WAS PART OF A DARSTA RDLY PLOT TO GET YOUR FISHING GEAR .SO BEWARE WHEN YOU RETURN I WILL BE WAITING .TONBRIDGE FISHING CLUB IS YOUR BEST SHOT IF YOU ARE AT BLACKHEATH.TELL THEM JON SENT YOU.TIGHT LINES MACBILLY

:D:D

You had to be faster than that mate!!!

Did leave some gear as thanks for a new mate 'PJ Garn', legend got me some nice fish on the Nepean. Next time I'll bring a container-full for you avid Aussie carpers!!

It is a shame that the major companies don't supply their full range in Australia.

Back to work today and the grim reality of grey cold London. Love it!

Off to check the ponds this arvo to see how my choices are looking!!

Next time Mac for sure eh mate! Can't wait to get back into some virgin Aussie carp.

Cheers,

Ben

:D:D

You had to be faster than that mate!!!

Did leave some gear as thanks for a new mate 'PJ Garn', legend got me some nice fish on the Nepean. Next time I'll bring a container-full for you avid Aussie carpers!!

It is a shame that the major companies don't supply their full range in Australia.

Back to work today and the grim reality of grey cold London. Love it!

Off to check the ponds this arvo to see how my choices are looking!!

Next time Mac for sure eh mate! Can't wait to get back into some virgin Aussie carp.

Cheers,

Ben

It,s not let out as yet Ben but Luked from Sydney[Australian freshwater fishing] would,nt mind I hope, He will be the offical agent for Fox International, he is presently compiling price lists as we speak and will be available as from next week.

Thats great news for the for the fishos downunder with the growing demand for quality tackle.

Thats another milestone for Ozzy carpin.

Hope you got home safe and sound. Cheers

ATB

Nails